Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Do the Jays go out and spend some money on catching? Or they can run with Kirk and an absolute black hole offensively as his backup? I am not so sure.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

4. Bloss
25. Clase
29. Paulino
31. Coffey
56. Wagner
57. Rivera
59. Pinango
70. McAdoo
83. Sharp
86. Schreck
87, Harry
89. Batista

I would have thought Clase, Paulino, Wagner and Coffey would have been higher. I would have thought McAdoo and Batista would have been much higher.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

4. Bloss
25. Clase
29. Paulino
31. Coffey
56. Wagner
57. Rivera
59. Pinango
70. McAdoo
83. Sharp
86. Schreck
87, Harry
89. Batista

I would have thought Clase, Paulino, Wagner and Coffey would have been higher. I would have thought McAdoo and Batista would have been much higher.
Bloss is 92nd on their list.

Unfortunately, they don't really like any of the other prospects (with all of them projecting as lower upside in their opinion).

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Loperfido also would’ve slotted 9th on that list if he was still rookie eligible.

There’s very little variance between a host of those FVs so I’d gather much of the list is interchangeable. However just tossing a 35 on McAdoo might be a little too bearish.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Bloss is 92nd on their list.

Unfortunately, they don't really like any of the other prospects (with all of them projecting as lower upside in their opinion).
That's exactly it. We unloaded dead weight and the prospects we got are nothing to write home about.

Atkins should be fired regardless.

Reactions: trellaine201

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast

4. Bloss
25. Clase
29. Paulino
31. Coffey
56. Wagner
57. Rivera
59. Pinango
70. McAdoo
83. Sharp
86. Schreck
87, Harry
89. Batista

Should help our 26/27/28 ranked farm system a bit :)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's exactly it. We unloaded dead weight and the prospects we got are nothing to write home about.

Atkins should be fired regardless.
What exactly where you expecting return for a lot of these guys?

Surely you weren't expecting a king's ransom for *checks notes* 39 year old Justin Turner and well cooked Kevin Keirmeier?

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
What exactly where you expecting return for a lot of these guys?

Surely you weren't expecting a king's ransom for *checks notes* 39 year old Justin Turner and well cooked Kevin Keirmeier?
I think we had a good deadline with mostly solid returns and a great return on Kikuchi.

That said Atkins should still be fired. We have a mediocre major league squad and a pretty mediocre system even after this deadline. He’s had 6+ years to build a roster and a system and has been given the resources to get it done.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think we had a good deadline with mostly solid returns and a great return on Kikuchi.

That said Atkins should still be fired. We have a mediocre major league squad and a pretty mediocre system even after this deadline. He’s had 6+ years to build a roster and a system and has been given the resources to get it done.
I agree. I was done with him when nothing changed after the end of last season.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Clase reminds me a bit of Victorino but with a below average arm. How possible is it to improve arm strength at this stage? If he can get his up to average it would help him profile better in CF long term.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Hoping Roden and Palmegiani finish strong. Bay first guys who aren’t far off.
Useful players or decent trade chips.

Speaking of players to watch. How bout Trenton Wallace, 25yo lhsp at NH. Putting up his fourth good year in the system, drafted as a senior out of Iowa (good college career too) basically moving up a level a year. Career pro numbers so far: 2.62era, 1.073whip, 11.3k/9ip over 220ip.

Not sure on his stuff, and not a huge frame for a starter - solid at 6’1/190, but the results are there. Hard to find info on him actually. He’s kinda hiding in plain sight.

In general, Jays seem hyper cautious about innings for their prospects and conservative with promotion. Odd that they were happy enough to take fast-tracked 2023 picks from other organizations at the deadline, but don’t do it much on their own.

I’ll be following this dude, he’s likely due to be protected on the 40 man this year; and seems worth it.
And on cue, TDub gets promoted to AAA for the start.
(And gets knocked around some).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2