Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really surprised and happy they were able to move out Kiner-Falefa. I didn't think they would be able to find a home for his contract. What a terrible signing that was. Overall, they freed up money to hopefully allow the Franchise to do a reset in the offseason and make this terrible season a distant memory. Still not a fan of management, but they get a solid B from me.

IKF makes only $7.5 million and was worth 3.1 WAR in the first 80 games of this season before he got hurt.

It’s literally one of the best contracts signed by any team in MLB last winter.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
IKF makes only $7.5 million and was worth 3.1 WAR in the first 80 games of this season before he got hurt.

It’s literally one of the best contracts signed by any team in MLB last winter.
It's hilarious too because most of us didn't like the signing.

In order to win the AL East all they need now is improvement at 2B, 3B, SS, LF, RF and they must get a catcher, 1 or 2 starters, bullpen help, and a closer. And a new manager and coaching staff.
They’re right there.
I was in favor of looking past 2025 but what you have is not accurate at all.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Overall, damn impressive trade deadline for the Blue Jays.

Out:
Garcia
Jansen
Pearson
Kikuchi
Turner
Richards
Kiner-Falefa
Kiermaier

In:
Clase
Sharp
Coffey
Paulino
Batista
Rivera
Pinango
Bloss
Loperfido
Wagner
Schreck
Harry
McAdoo
Yarbrough
I don’t know majority of the names, but pure quantity is pretty impressive.

But the names I do know I really like, a fantastic deadline

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Can't complain one bit about this deadline. Need to get precious at bats for the younger guys for these two months.

Probably need another waiver arm or two in the pen to get through the season.

Reactions: aingefan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's hilarious too because most of us didn't like the signing.

I was in favor of looking past 2025 but what you have is not accurate at all.
On the middle of the bullseye accurate, if they want to win the AL east and compete for the ALCS. Last year they made the WC and were still a long way from the ALCS.

They are looking beyond 2025.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The system is sure a lot deeper with another handful of good talents added and some risers.
The CBT penalty reset will be a help.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
No complaints, solid deadline and almost makes up for half of the many hours I wasted watching bad baseball, if our respective nhl teams had deadlines like this we'd all be pumped.

Glad I dont have to watch Trevor Richard's ever again.

IKF and KK were solid vets I appreciate their efforts, hoping the dodgers win the world series this year.

I kinda expect Kikuchi and Jansen back in the offseason, here or LA for yusei imo.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
IKF trade was the only one that the Jays made this deadline period where they sent out more surplus value than they got in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad