GDT: 2024 Rookie Tournament

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I'm not going to overreact about one bad game or one good game for that matter, the key is to stay even keeled and getting better every day.

Sensenmann

Mar 15, 2006
Egorov in goal looks better positionally than any goalie prospect I have seen in this franchise since Daccord.

Defense at least has some promise with Touré and Yakemchuk.

The people who have assembled this rooster have to be replaced, as well as the coach.
It looks worse than DJ hockey.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
These wingers are gettijf the puck deeo. they dont cqre how open anyone is or how much speed is coming down the middle

I was hoping it was immaturity, but Eliasson might just be stupid. I mean, what does he expect to happen? His entire game is just him going around doing things that are penalties.
I mean some coaches may have told him that he can’t just keep breaking the rules. But he seems to not get it. And our scouts for sure drooled over this stupidity

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If I were an amateur scout for the Sens I'd probably be freshening up my resume right about now.
One would think, but there hasn’t been a layoff, ever?
I don't think NJ brought anybody that will engage.
Why would they, it’s the least important aspect of hockey by a county mile.

For some reason the Sens think truculence and effort are the top quality to have

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's obviously just one game, but if our prospects disappoint this year, Andlauer better not be hesitant to fire scouts. "Best in class" should include drafting.
They needed a new head scout, and they missed the boat.

We’re going with the same dinosaurs that have been with the team since 1997 leading the charge. They succeeded and were great scouts for a long time, but that time seems to have passed them by. There are quite a few good young scouts in the organization in their first 5 years in the league. But they need a new directive and a new person, from outside the organization, to be put in charge of them.

I was hoping it was immaturity, but Eliasson might just be stupid. I mean, what does he expect to happen? His entire game is just him going around doing things that are penalties.
He’s big, has great tools, and can skate.

Skill and IQ be damned, we’re playing 1997 hockey.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We have a terrible roster, so it’s not unexpected. The only skill on the entire roster is Yakemchuk and Halliday.

But man, even our top guys looked real, real rough.
That's the real sad thing. It used to be that the Sens would reliably get a late-round guy that could punch way above their weight.

Nowadays the guys they use their high picks on [Boucher, Eliasson, Yakemchuk] don't even look like they have much going on.

Bleak.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's the real sad thing. It used to be that the Sens would reliably get a late-round guy that could punch way above their weight.

Nowadays the guys they use their high picks on [Boucher, Eliasson, Yakemchuk] don't even look like they have much going on.

Bleak.
Don’t forget Nordberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad