GDT: 2024 Rookie Tournament

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
These kids aren't making much of the opportunity to showcase themselves. Lots of disorganized play and frankly baffling decisions with the puck. They look completely outclassed.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Eliasson, my brother in christ, there is more to the position than trying to launch yourself at the puck carrier, have you tried using your stick sometimes?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Eliasson, my brother in christ, there is more to the position than trying to launch yourself at the puck carrier, have you tried using your stick sometimes?

I'm still trying to figure out why he was a 2nd round pick.

Seems every year there's plenty of massive guys who can skate decent but have the instincts of a can of soup.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not enough skill in the lineup today. No "wow" moments so far except for that Squire kid on NJ who has 2 goals.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

Seems every year there's plenty of massive guys who can skate decent but have the instincts of a can of soup.

I can understand it in a vacuum. He's huge, he's fairly mobile, he's extremely physical and he's very young. He's a major project, but there's a world where he becomes a fairly unique, pretty valuable player.

The problem is the completely lack of diversity in what we look for.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The PA in the arena said shots were 14 to 4.
Thanks. More than I would have thought, actually.

This is how it's gone for the Sens rookies at this tourny over the last 3 or 4 years - they can barely touch the puck. I think the Habs outshot them something like 45-14 last year, Pittsburgh bombed them 9-3. Good stuff.

Reactions: BigRig4

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

To be fair he's a very raw prospect. All the physical tools in the world but he has a long way to go before he puts it together.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm surprised he isn't injured either but so far so good
Boucher has not done much if anything so far. He does not look out of place on this roster of players. :)

How does Yakemchuk look?
Not noticeable by me.

The New Jersey stream has a fantastic segment going on right now with Dougie Hamilton and Curtis Lazar.
Hey Michael; get some dudes on our streams to silence the silence! Even amateurs would do nicely. No I don't meant Gord and whatshisname.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
These kids aren't making much of the opportunity to showcase themselves. Lots of disorganized play and frankly baffling decisions with the puck. They look completely outclassed.
I mean a lot of these guys are getting the puck off the glass and dumping it in in their leagues pre draft. That’s gonna change now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad