GDT: 2024 Rookie Faceoff. Yay Hockey is back! Rookie Camp starts Sept 12th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

The Ducks announced today that the club will participate in the seven-team Rookie Faceoff tournament hosted by the Los Angeles Kings from Sept. 13-16. The tournament will coincide with Anaheim Ducks Rookie Camp, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12 at Great Park Ice (camp schedule and roster to be announced at a later date).

Friday, Sept. 13
Game 1 - San Jose vs. UHC, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Colorado vs. Anaheim, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Vegas vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Game 1 - Seattle vs. Colorado, 3:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Sunday, Sept. 15
Game 1 - Vegas vs. Seattle, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Anaheim vs. San Jose, 4:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Monday, Sept. 16

Game 1 - Colorado vs. San Jose, 11:30 a.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Vegas, 12:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Anaheim vs. Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink

Last edited:

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Luneau's EP page has him listed at 192 lbs. Did Luneau really gain 23 lbs?!

I did a few player comps. Guess keeping Luneau in the gym for the first half of the season really did add that much mass to his frame. But 23 lbs?! Wow.
We kind of forget Luneau was sort of an experiment last year also considering he got so few games and the Ducks kept him up.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We kind of forget Luneau was sort of an experiment last year also considering he got so few games and the Ducks kept him up.

I thought with his knee infection, that kind put a pause on his leg workouts. I could understand 23 lbs in about 11 months, but not in like 4 months before his knee infection. I hope he doesn't look like Johnny Bravo where most of that weight is his upper body.

What I feel terrible about with Luneau's knee infection is it did stall improving his burst and overall speed. I think during the rookie camp, he was aggressively jumping into plays early to compensate for that lack of burst/speed, which ended up with LaCombe defending a 2v1's a few times because Luneau misplayed his aggressiveness in the neutral and Ozone.

Reactions: Kalv

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rookie Face off this week, training camp starts next week, first preseason game is Sept 24th, less than 2 weeks away. Bring it on!
I’m excited!

Expectations are a bit more rational than last year…. Still see a bottom 8 finish but hoping the team is more competitive and the young guys start to really show their potential(specifically zegras/mctavish/carlsson and Mintyukov)

Reactions: Leonardo87

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I’m excited!

Expectations are a bit more rational than last year…. Still see a bottom 8 finish but hoping the team is more competitive and the young guys start to really show their potential(specifically zegras/mctavish/carlsson and Mintyukov)
Bottom 8? Maybe for the first 10 games.... It would be a miracle to get out of the bottom 5 by season's end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad