Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
He dumped his 60 year old GF for a sporty 24 year old

He’s been making shitty decision after shitty decision
This one could be up for debate! Bob Kraft probably nodded in approval over this one. Are you Jake in Boston by any chance?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
They're down 2 QBs at once and starting Jameis Winston, they'll take anyone with a pulse to put on a jersey and sit as the back up
If they wanted anyone with a pulse we should have tried trading them Brissett. The familiarity with Stefanski and all. Unfortunately the Browns don't play the Jags so my hopes for a Zappe-Mac Jones backup QB showdown are on hold.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Couple thoughts:

1. I'm not going to begrudge Belichick for being publicly petty and talking shit. Kraft threw the first punch with the abomination that was The Dynasty and the team has continued to throw Belichick under the bus and badmouth him. Of course he deserves plenty of blame for the current state of the team, but we're talking about one of the two most important people in Patriots' history. Brady is already largely uninvolved with the team (similar to Manning and the Colts), why actively push away Belichick as well? It just makes Kraft, Mayo, and the rest of the organization look terrible. I know if I were a Hall of Fame voter and I saw the events of the last 10 months, I'd never consider voting for Kraft.

2. The way all of the beat writers have lined up behind Mayo the past few days has been pretty embarrassing. It reads as a bunch of people trying to kiss ass and protect someone who's clearly been a source in the past. God forbid Mayo face criticism for sticking his foot in his mouth again and continuing to look incompetent. As the days go on, Evan Lazar's mutiny comments look more and more accurate.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Couple thoughts:

1. I'm not going to begrudge Belichick for being publicly petty and talking shit. Kraft threw the first punch with the abomination that was The Dynasty and the team has continued to throw Belichick under the bus and badmouth him. Of course he deserves plenty of blame for the current state of the team, but we're talking about one of the two most important people in Patriots' history. Brady is already largely uninvolved with the team (similar to Manning and the Colts), why actively push away Belichick as well? It just makes Kraft, Mayo, and the rest of the organization look terrible. I know if I were a Hall of Fame voter and I saw the events of the last 10 months, I'd never consider voting for Kraft.

2. The way all of the beat writers have lined up behind Mayo the past few days has been pretty embarrassing. It reads as a bunch of people trying to kiss ass and protect someone who's clearly been a source in the past. God forbid Mayo face criticism for sticking his foot in his mouth again and continuing to look incompetent. As the days go on, Evan Lazar's mutiny comments look more and more accurate.

What did BB say that was petty?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Interesting. While I want Mayo to succeed, this just seems/feels like he was setup to fail right from the beginning.
Can you expand on being set up to fail?

He's basically just lambasting Mayo/Patriots which they deserve but it certainly comes across to me like he has taken zero responsibility for state of franchise. That's my problem.
He's in a lose/lose. If he defends the Patriots everyone would say he is trying to cover his ass for the way things ended.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
They took a 4 win team and in the offseason did nothing except re-sign mid level players from that 4 win team and left $50m in cap space on the table. That's the definition of setting a coach up to lose games.
Or that his only coaching experience was being a linebackers coach with no history of coaching on the offensive side of things and hopped over multiple positions to Head Coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad