Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Thinking of getting a NFC team to follow. Anyone against the Packers? I like that they are non-profit owned. Kind of the Mad River Glenn of football. Plus they seem to have a lot of national games the rest of the season.
Yes, I hate them with a passion.

They broke my heart in the 96 Super Bowl. I cried myself to sleep.

I’d be fine with Minnesota or Detroit.
San Francisco as well, but they look like the Super Bowl loss hangover is real.

I don’t mind Washington.

However, everybody feels like flatter to the Chiefs.

Meanwhile, Bill must be giddy between the Patriots and Jets being a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Gun to my head, if I HAD to pick another team because I’m a one team kind of lady, it’s the Lions and it’s not even a close fight.

Reactions: Mione134

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm not sure throwing guys under the bus 7 games into your head coaching career is a wise move.

When you hire someone who stabbed their predecessor in the back to take their job, chances are that's not a one-off and they'll continue the same type of behavior with other people in your organization. And that's why when I see all these beat reporters saying it's too early to start talking about firing Mayo, I think they're clearly missing the point. You have someone who's showing signs of being a toxic leader (hmm, where have we seen that before with the Belichick coaching tree) and even a hint of that should tell you to get rid of them as soon as possible before they cause too much permanent damage.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Did people expect BB to sit back and be silent? They did a whole series on how the downfall of the franchise was on him. You bet he was waiting for Mayo and Wolf to shit the bed.

Yes BB original brought them in but if Kraft was competent he would have canned everyone
He doesn't have to be silent. He just reminds me of the guy in the hot dog suit asking "who did this" after crashing a hot dog mobile. He is largely to blame for the mess. He's pretending like he isn't and has taken zero responsibility for where the franchise is.

Kraft being the problem now is separate from Bill being the biggest problem leading the franchise to where it is now. Kraft was cheap and lazy in promoting Wolf/Mayo. He did the same thing with the Revolution by promoting Curt Onalfo. He now gets to own the fact he has two embarrassing franchises and nobody left to blame but himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I dig that hot dog suit/Weiner mobile thing. I’ll have to use it.

Can’t wait to bust that out in a meeting!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
When you hire someone who stabbed their predecessor in the back to take their job, chances are that's not a one-off and they'll continue the same type of behavior with other people in your organization. And that's why when I see all these beat reporters saying it's too early to start talking about firing Mayo, I think they're clearly missing the point. You have someone who's showing signs of being a toxic leader (hmm, where have we seen that before with the Belichick coaching tree) and even a hint of that should tell you to get rid of them as soon as possible before they cause too much permanent damage.
This is sorta why I would not be stunned if Mayo is already telling Kraft that Wolf gave him nothing. Kraft would 100% move on from Wolf before Mayo anyway but I could see it happening after only one year. Belichick's salary will be off the books. My concern would be what personnel guys are out there who want to work with Mayo. Is there a relationship? Is Josh McDaniels content with coming back as OC to work with Drake Maye? Dave Ziegler a good enough personnel guy? The wheels are probably already in motion on these things.

Whether it's even fair or not, Bill's coaching tree being a laughingstock is a knock against him. Just depends on how much stock you put in it.
I dig that hot dog suit/Weiner mobile thing. I’ll have to use it.

Can’t wait to bust that out in a meeting!
I'm too lazy to find the clip of it but you get the picture!

Reactions: Kate08

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
This is sorta why I would not be stunned if Mayo is already telling Kraft that Wolf gave him nothing. Kraft would 100% move on from Wolf before Mayo anyway but I could see it happening after only one year. Belichick's salary will be off the books. My concern would be what personnel guys are out there who want to work with Mayo. Is there a relationship? Is Josh McDaniels content with coming back as OC to work with Drake Maye? Dave Ziegler a good enough personnel guy? The wheels are probably already in motion on these things.

Whether it's even fair or not, Bill's coaching tree being a laughingstock is a knock against him. Just depends on how much stock you put in it.

I'm too lazy to find the clip of it but you get the picture!

Josh is a Bill guy, no chance he coaches here on Hellmann's staff.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Bentley is a good player but i just don't believe he's the difference between them being a good run defense and the worst in the league. They were still getting the ball run down their throat when Peppers was playing too so while he might be a loss, it's not like he's the reason it's happening either. There has to be an issue with the scheme that teams have been able to see on the tape and exploit.

Patriots defense has forced teams to punt on just 27% of drives since Week 3.

As for Belichick. He's mostly kept quiet in the media so far about the Patriots but after taking shots at him for months after he was fired, i think it's fair game for him to start taking a few at them when they're serving up a crap 1-6 product where the rookie qb is the only reason they might not finish as the worst team in the league.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
For what it's worth, if you think Belichick has been taking the high road until today, you haven't been listening to Mike Lombardi.

Belichick's just been smart enough to get someone to do his talking for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad