Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't think he said anything groundbreaking or particularly controversial here.

Actually, this is pretty f***ing ridiculous:

"I tried to do it in a classy way."

Yes, and then you told Atlanta not to hire him and released a ten-episode hit job on him. f*** you, you f***ing embarrassing fraud.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't think he said anything groundbreaking or particularly controversial here.

problem is its pretty apparent "checks and balances" means "me and my idiot son want to play GM and have a say in the football ops".

also their first offseason with these checks and balances amounted to not hiring a GM, promoting an assistant to head coach and leaving $50m in cap on the table while only bringing back low cost players from a 3 win team

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
problem is its pretty apparent "checks and balances" means "me and my idiot son want to play GM and have a say in the football ops".

also they're first offseason with these checks and balances amounted to not hiring a GM, promoting an assistant to head coach and leaving $50m in cap on the table while only bringing back low cost players from a 3 win team
Great post.

What Bob and Jonathan probably don’t remember is that the whole “checks and balances” model failed miserably in the Pete Carroll Era (1997-1999). If we’re just looking at the Patriots, the Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick model of “total control” is what has produced the best results.

Bob Kraft suffers from an affliction that plagues many successful people - he thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. Unfortunately, as brilliant a businessman as he is, he’s not a football genius. I won’t even discuss Jonny-boy. Until Kraft allows football people to make football decisions, we’re going to get the same results we’ve been getting.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Actually, this is pretty f***ing ridiculous:

"I tried to do it in a classy way."

Yes, and then you told Atlanta not to hire him and released a ten-episode hit job on him. f*** you, you f***ing embarrassing fraud.
For what it's worth, at times I think Kraft, Belichick, and Brady have all been guilty of putting out their own spin on certain events that transpired over their 20+ years together.

I get it. I'm not going to vilify one of them over another based on limited information.

also they're first offseason with these checks and balances amounted to not hiring a GM, promoting an assistant to head coach and leaving $50m in cap on the table while only bringing back low cost players from a 3 win team
They own the team... they SHOULD have some say in football operations.

And I'm not sure "checks and balances" means the Krafts want to start picking players. Maybe it means that in situations where the scouts want Deebo Samuel and Bill wants N'Keal Harry, that Bill isn't allowed to completely disregard the multi-million dollar scouting operation because he's friends with Harry's college coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad