Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
1-9? Shit, 1-16 is a possibility. Unless Drake Maye starts games soon and he's good from start 1, this team won't even match the 4 wins they got last year

Chad Ryland made another teams roster and has made 3 kicks in a game?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Tank it up!

I feel bad for Brissett... he kind of feels like a patsy / warm body they are throwing out there to the huge hits they don't want Maye to take in this tank year.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Tank it up!

I feel bad for Brissett... he kind of feels like a patsy / warm body they are throwing out there to the huge hits they don't want Maye to take in this tank year.

He knew what he signed up for, I'd do the same for a fraction of his $8 million contract

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The only way I deem this a successful season is if when they turn it over to Maye he looks good and they end up with some wins at end of season. If you go 2-15 that is just a disaster. Look at the Bears and Commanders. In theory they had even worse situations than Patriots last year and both might be playoff teams. Eliot Wolf not looking so hot.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Yes. Let’s turn into shitty franchises always wanting a high draft pick and thinking it might turn it around.

Let’s not embrace sucking

OH absolutely the front office/coaches should not embrace sucking, but when it appears that they have, then the fans who have zero control over the situation, can either get heartburn or embrace the comic farce that is a sucky team.

I for one, refuse to let this putrid team get me down. All hail Tank-Commander Mayo.

1728266659491.png

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
As soon as Maye is starting games the clock starts on the coaching staff and front office. I'm sure a first time head coach, first time dc, first time offensive play caller and first time gm want to delay that clock starting for as long as they can and hide behind the cover of this season a throwaway.

Washington's offensive line was bad last year but they didn't hesitate to start Daniels. At some point you just have to let your young qb potentially take the lumps. The guys who sat for at least a year were behind guys who could win football games and take their teams to the playoffs, not Jacoby Brissett. Until Maye is starting games, i don't know why anyone would pay money to go to the home games. 50 million in cap space, putting together what is probably one of the cheapest front office and coaching staffs in the league and the prize for sucking last year isn't even touching the field.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
As soon as Maye is starting games the clock starts on the coaching staff and front office. I'm sure a first time head coach, first time dc, first time offensive play caller and first time gm want to delay that clock starting for as long as they can and hide behind the cover of this season a throwaway.

Washington's offensive line was bad last year but they didn't hesitate to start Daniels. At some point you just have to let your young qb potentially take the lumps. The guys who sat for at least a year were behind guys who could win football games and take their teams to the playoffs, not Jacoby Brissett. Until Maye is starting games, i don't know why anyone would pay money to go to the home games. 50 million in cap space, putting together what is probably one of the cheapest front office and coaching staffs in the league and the prize for sucking last year isn't even touching the field.
The Pats will be what the Pats will be, however what is inexcusable is not going with the best players on your roster at every position. It sends an awful message to fans, and more importantly, to the rest of the players on that team.

If after 5 weeks, Jacoby Brissett is still truly New England's best option at QB, then there should be serious questions asked about why that is.

....and the same goes for you too, Cleveland.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Pats will be what the Pats will be, however what is inexcusable is not going with the best players on your roster at every position. It sends an awful message to fans, and more importantly, to the rest of the players on that team.

If after 5 weeks, Jacoby Brissett is still truly New England's best option at QB, then there should be serious questions asked about why that is.

....and the same goes for you too, Cleveland.
Brissett was getting hit on 50% of dropbacks at one point pretty deep into the game. Yeah, pass on putting Maye behind that. His biggest thing he needs to work on is footwork, he will not be able to do that because he will be scrambling for his life. He was also very young for a drafted QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad