Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season V - Joe Castiglione announces retirement after 2024 Red Sox season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
everyone please keep the local beat reporters in your thoughts and prayers because they had to stand around.

there isn’t a bigger group of entitled pricks than sports writers.
Raffy is making 300 million dollars. Hes supposed to be a leader in the clubhouse. The veteran. He's told reporters before when he wasn't going to speak. But tonight he had them stand around and wait thinking he was going to speak.

Be a f***ing adult like all the other times and talk to the media. And if you don't want to talk, tell them. You've done it before. It's not hard.

Clubhouse vibes are not great.

He's 1 for his last 21.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Poor starving kids

dying-hungry.gif

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I think now it's finally over. They did overperform until all star break but after that it's been downhill and disappointment. Off season we need a righty bat, SP, and RP. Hopefully we don't bargin bin shop .

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ll tell you what im not gonna do in this thread and that’s white knight Boston sports media. They look for any sort of excuse to sewer you in this market and this is a good example of that. The majority of responses from the fans to them have been encouraging at least.

He's 1 for his last 21.
he’s also playing through a double shoulder injury. He probably got treatment then dipped. I don’t blame him. He doesn’t need to be “accountable” to those pimple faced dorks. And who the f*** are they to be outraged by it. They’re just gonna ask him the same pointless, hack questions as always

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Great performance from Crawford. Wasted.

15 more strikeouts. Almost all swinging. Really felt like they just cashed it in.

If Sox are looking for right-handed bat for next season, hopefully they can get someone who knows the strike zone. A situational hitter. Not the swing for the fences every time types like O'Neill and Duvall.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"No, not talking tonight."

That's all he had to say to avoid wasting people's time when they're working and the media are the bad guys here? It's not like anyone has posted a comment from a journalist skewering him. Everything shared in here has been beyond reasonable. It's even included some interesting reporting that the team is not happy with him over this.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

That's all he had to say to avoid wasting people's time when they're working and the media are the bad guys here? It's not like anyone has posted a comment from a journalist skewering him. Everything shared in here has been beyond reasonable. It's even included some interesting reporting that the team is not happy with him over this.

Must have gotten that from the national media.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

4 guys in the top 26

We are getting closer.

Honest question for Red Sox fans.....Would you be willing to part with 2 of those prospects, for Garrett Crochet? He's still arbitration eligible for 2 more years. The caveat being that you don't get to pick which 2 are traded....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honest question for Red Sox fans.....Would you be willing to part with 2 of those prospects, for Garrett Crochet? He's still arbitration eligible for 2 more years. The caveat being that you don't get to pick which 2 are traded....
There are 3 pitchers I would trade Roman Anthony for and 2 won’t be dealt (Skenes, Skubal) and the 3rd is dead (Jose Fernandez)

The others I would consider moving in the right deal.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
There are 3 pitchers I would trade Roman Anthony for and 2 won’t be dealt (Skenes, Skubal) and the 3rd is dead (Jose Fernandez)

The others I would consider moving in the right deal.
OK. But you didn't answer my question. Yes or No? 2 of the 5 listed, for Garrett Crochet?

I'd do it, but I don't have a dog in that fight....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
OK. But you didn't answer my question. Yes or No? 2 of the 5 listed, for Garrett Crochet?

I'd do it, but I don't have a dog in that fight....
But I did answer your question. If I don’t get to pick them then no, because Roman would assuredly be picked and I’m not dealing him for a guy who has had both shoulder and elbow injuries

Edit: although if you mean the others not named Roman….still no, not if I don’t have a say in who it is. Not trading two top 25 guys for him. There are combos of those 5 I would trade for Crochet…It just depends on what combo it is. Marcelo and Campbell? No. Teel and Arias? Sure

I would consider moving Marcelo and lesser prospects for him

Reactions: RoccoF14

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Right? I'm surprised that people are going the other way with it.

Reactions: EverettMike

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I’ll tell you what im not gonna do in this thread and that’s white knight Boston sports media. They look for any sort of excuse to sewer you in this market and this is a good example of that. The majority of responses from the fans to them have been encouraging at least.

he’s also playing through a double shoulder injury. He probably got treatment then dipped. I don’t blame him. He doesn’t need to be “accountable” to those pimple faced dorks. And who the f*** are they to be outraged by it. They’re just gonna ask him the same pointless, hack questions as always
Until MLB removes reporters from clubhouse i don't think it's much to ask of an athlete to speak after a game. I'd criticize Casas for it so Devers should talk if he gave the word he would. Anyone really. It's really not a huge ask. My bigger issue with him and maybe it's related is the English language. I'd like to see more of an effort there as it at least helps in connecting with fans. Is he just gonna have an interpreter his entire career?

That is not meant to slam him just something I have thought about when I look at guys like Pedro and David Ortiz.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Raffy could've saved everyone's time if he announced his unavailability, but I just love seeing parasitic journalists get inconvenienced.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I think now it's finally over. They did overperform until all star break but after that it's been downhill and disappointment. Off season we need a righty bat, SP, and RP. Hopefully we don't bargin bin shop .
This team will be much better next season.
With 2 of the big 4 ( Campbell / Meyer/Teel and Anthony) playing for us / a full year from Casas / a year of experience under his belt for Cedanne, our offense will be better.

We need to spend some money on the pen, I would target:
Clay Holmes ( let Kanley walk)
Jeff Hoffman
And Max Freid as a starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad