GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Mets clearly just want to get to the clubhouse to celebrate a bit and then off to the airport to get to MIL.
I wonder if the Mets brought down the champagne/beer they bought for the Phillies last Sunday. home team always supplies it if a team is visiting with a chance to clinch something

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Sorry if I missed it already or haven't paid attention, but would a Mets loss at all affect who they face in the Wild Card? If so, that may be incentive to have a more "normal" looking lineup playing.

There's only 28 players on the roster these days with 14 being pitchers. So your regulars guys are gonna have to play.

They also wanted to have good defense behind Lucchesi and not have to burn more pitchers by putting someone like JDM or Winker in the field, as much as they wanted to win the game.

They'd probably rather go to MIL than SD anyway, which is where they'll go now that they lost.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Even if the Mets all but handed this to Atlanta, they still had to take it. Coming off what had to be a crushing loss in the first game.

That team has been through a lot and I'm sure that clubhouse knew the real status of Sale.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Inside job

f6yniz45b0351.jpg

Reactions: GKJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad