GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
I'm not sure why the Mets don't just option one of their postseason ineligible players to AAA for an arm. Who is Atlanta gonna start in game 2 if they win game 1? Obviously not Sale. If you're the Mets you just go with Megill in game 1 and then just brutalize 2 long men BP arms in game 2 for like 4-5 a piece. Chances are very high this is gonna be a split with game 2 not being close at all. Could see like a 13-2 win for whoever loses game 1
It's going to be Sale - they've been holding him for a must win pre-playoff game, or Game 1 of the first round.

I work in the Galleria area directly across from Truist Park - traffic will be fun tomorrow lol.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Whoever wins game 1 is resting everyone game 2, if the team that has to win to get in cant beat the backups and back of the bullpen they dont deserve to get in.
That’s more true for Atlanta as the Mets aren’t currently carrying a respectable arm who can go 5-6-7 innings in game 2 if they win game 1. Atlanta has Elder who on the right day can be pretty much unhittable, that said he’s on 8 days rest from the minors but he’s better than anything the Mets can throw

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Great baseruning by T.Taylor.

Hustling on the pool queue foul that curbed back fair and then steals 2nd.

SS should have grabbed that ball in foul territory.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The biggest crime the Mets are committing right now is only forcing Schwellenbach to throw 45 pitches through 4. You don't want to give the Braves any ideas in game 2 of being able to use good relievers if somehow you're close or even down late

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Whoever starts in game 2 for ATL is gonna look bad day Steve Trachsel to the Mets lineup after facing this guy

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if the mets lose game 1, i'm assuming they'll start their regulars in game 2 while the braves will probably field their backups?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
if the mets lose game 1, i'm assuming they'll start their regulars in game 2 while the braves will probably field their backups?
Albies and d'arnaud for sure won't play game 2. As for who else might not play I don't know. I would assume Ozuna still plays and maybe 1-2 others do not

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Holy crap. Can't believe he got that out in the last inning. Great effort to stay on the bag.

Talk about a blink and you'll miss top of the 6.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Scwellenbach is probably throwing a complete game shutout, now a question does that sucker Snitker into using meaningful pen guys next game. Elder or Jackson likely starts, its just does he try to stomp the Mets throats or just let the game basically go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad