GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I've come around big time on the pitch clock. It does help speed up games. I haven't noticed the mound visit rule effect much either.

However I still hate the ghost runner in extras (start it after like the 11th or 12th if you must) and 3 batter minimum.
The ghost runner rule was the dumbest in sports until the new onside kick rules were announced yesterday by the NFL

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I've come around big time on the pitch clock. It does help speed up games. I haven't noticed the mound visit rule effect much either.

However I still hate the ghost runner in extras (start it after like the 11th or 12th if you must) and 3 batter minimum.

If you mean you haven't noticed many mound visits these days, you can thank PitchCom for that.

Ghost runner rule became nececessary, there's 162 games in the reg.season there's just no need for a reg season game to go 12+ innings like they used to.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Tommy Pham with a Grand Slam in his first AB yesterday and had another 3 hits today (Woulda been 4 if not for a diving catch by Smith)

If you mean you haven't noticed many mound visits these days, you can thank PitchCom for that.

Ghost runner rule became nececessary, there's 162 games in the reg.season there's just no need for a reg season game to go 12+ innings like they used to.

Yes that's what I meant.

Agree to disagree on the ghost runner. I don't mind the odd marathon game and like I said if you wanna do a ghost runner at least play an inning or two of normal baseball before you send him out there.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Looks like Baltimore's GM got taken. Rogers is garbage.
They went shopping for a starter in the bargain bin despite having the means to go all in.

Burnes is truly the only guy they can count on to shut a team down in the playoffs. Rodriguez has been good but still developing. X ERA of 3.82..

That leaves Eflin as the 3rd and someone needs to take the ball as a 4th guy in a series or two.

Add that to the pitiful bullpen situation.. It will be fascinating to see if this p***yfoot approach gets it done.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Insane, Luis Ortiz absolutely shelled in the burgh

4-0 dbacks with no outs…3 home runs including one in the Allegheny by Joc

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
No Hitters have lost their shine to me.

Too common, I feel like I hardly blink anymore when a guy throws one.

Lmk when someone throws another perfect game

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2