GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Why does the 3rd best team in the AL who just won their 5th in a row and play those Os get ignored. The Guardians have been looked down on all season it's disgusting. The continue to win and all anyone talks about is the Os, Yanks and Phil's.

Reactions: SoupNazi

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That’s why it was likely nothing but rosin. This rule is probably the second most idiot rule behind the ghost runner. How the MLBPA ever agreed to this I’ll never know. It increases risk injury in two ways by causing a reliever to come in cold when someone is tossed and it causes the pen to play short for 10 games. Just idiocy all around and you can’t appeal it anyway. I hope it’s gone on the new CBA as for 90 years we evidently were fine with pitchers doing whatever they did anyway

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why does the 3rd best team in the AL who just won their 5th in a row and play those Os get ignored. The Guardians have been looked down on all season it's disgusting. The continue to win and all anyone talks about is the Os, Yanks and Phil's.

Cause they changed their name to the Guardians. Should've never got rid of the Indians.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Because Cleveland doesn't have Henderson, or Judge, or Soto, or Harper.

If Steven Kwan or Jose Ramirez played in LA, they'd be right there with Ohtani as faces of the league.

Reactions: stealth1

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I don't understand why John Schneider is still employed in baseball...

Top of the 9th, game tied, Kirk leads off the inning with a single, a pinch runner is brought in, and Kiermaier and his .186 AVG are at the plate... automatic sacrifice bunt situation to advance the runner to 2nd base with the top of the order coming up, right?

Nope!

Kiermaier strikes out, and during the very next at-bat, the runner is thrown out trying to steal 2nd

What in the actual f*** was that?

Anyways...

Boston wins it in the bottom of the 9th

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight and MMC
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Because Cleveland doesn't have Henderson, or Judge, or Soto, or Harper.

If Steven Kwan or Jose Ramirez played in LA, they'd be right there with Ohtani as faces of the league.
Do you think Cleveland’s cool? I mean, I've never heard anybody say 'I'm going to Cleveland on vacation.' What's so good about Cleveland?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Crazy to think that we were 10 games back last week. Now 4.5. Here is to hoping that Spaghetti doesn't get lit up tonight and we keep rolling.

It is truly amazing what a 162 game schedule can do, I feel like someone declared the Mariners division champs just a week or two ago, maybe that was a bit too early to call the race after all

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
It is truly amazing what a 162 game schedule can do, I feel like someone declared the Mariners division champs just a week or two ago, maybe that was a bit too early to call the race after all
I knew this team was more than capable of putting together a streak or 2. Now if they were still lagging behind in August then I would've been truly worried but there is never a need to panic Pre-AS break unless you're decimated by Injuries and like 20 games under.

Plus , the Mariners have never been the most trustworthy of teams when it come to holding down a lead in a race . No offense to the Ms fans on here. Still plenty of season to go though. We shall see how it shakes down in the end.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mets are just bludgeoning the Yankees. my god.
That was me although I think I phrased it in a way where I still left the door open.

If they had not crapped the bed against a pathetic Marlins team last weekend, this is a 6.5 game lead and we aren't having this conversation.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

That was me although I think I phrased it in a way where I still left the door open.

If they had not crapped the bed against a pathetic Marlins team last weekend, this is a 6.5 game lead and we aren't having this conversation.
maybe we don't have it today, but it is a long season, we have seen teams blow 6 game leads in September and only have to look a few years back to the Nats overcoming a terrible start to win it all, at this point we can probably only shovel some dirt onto the Rockies, Marlins, A's, and CWS, and possibly the Angels

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
After another loss in San Fran, the Cubs have the 3rd worst record in the NL. You look at their struggles and the Brewers somehow rolling and it sure makes Craig Counsell look like a run of the mill manager at best.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Sort of funny today an anonymous MLB reporter claimed Stearns is not too thrilled the Mets have turned this around. As much as it was not admitted directly I think he and Cohen intended to fully punt this year and were hoping by the deadline they'd be safely out of it. They could have moved Marte/Ottavino/Manea/Severino/Alonso. Add in now Marte is hurt he's probably not back off the IL by then. They were not gonna get anything huge for any of those guys but overall they'd have probably gotten 7-10 decent minor leaguers/picks back. Now they might have to stay in it and hope that 6th spot stays open. I think SD eventually runs and hides and goes like 91-71 or something for the 5th spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad