GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Phillies have a 10-game lead in the NL East.

Realmuto out for a month though, however they are now 11-4 with Stubbs in the lineup.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
No Strider and Acuna along with the rest of the team other than Ozuna having bad to mediocre years makes them unwatchable
May have possibly turned it around, but even Acuna was only hitting .250. Not like he's a huge loss this year. Only good spots are 3 pitchers in the rotation and Ozuna (who will join the rest sooner or later). I hate to say it, but pretty soon, I'm going to be rooting for some losses so we can just be sellers at the deadline. Start getting some kids back in that pipeline.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We may have run Angel Hernandez out of baseball, but the job is not done. We must remove ALL umpires from baseball. They must be exterminated.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Umpires who participate in sports betting of any kind should be banned permanently. I don't care what sport it is.

This is a dumb take. So if he bet on Tiger Woods to win the US open this weekend that makes him unqualified to ump baseball?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
This is a dumb take. So if he bet on Tiger Woods to win the US open this weekend that makes him unqualified to ump baseball?
It makes him compromised.

Frankly, these experiments in legalized sports betting are just making me want to ban it again. Prohibiting advertising and requiring a strict hands-off policy between sports participants and bookies are more realistic and necessary.

Professional athletes and those who support pro sports (referees, management, etc) should not participate in gambling, period. I'm returning to the maximalist position here - permanent bans on the first offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad