Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I'll be there in Cinci on Sunday with my father. I keep saying whatcha think Dad? 42-6? :laugh:

Probably won't wear anything Patriots related. Was debating on whether or not wearing one of my Pats shirts but I don't wanna attract any unwanted BS.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
It is unacceptable that we have so much cap space and did not address the O'line issue back when free agency started.
At the very least, we should have signed 2 viable starters on the O'line that were an upgrade over last year.
I couldn't agree more. That was the biggest failure of the offseason.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Javon Baker again? He ain't gonna last long. It will go down as a terrible pick.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I too ranted on the internet after a bullshit ticket….ppl got mad at me for calling the cop (who was clearly an asshole) an asshole in the OT thread and then the cop got kicked off the force a couple years later for kicking a handcuffed guy in the head🤷‍♂️

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Cool story, bro. Not all tickets are bullshit tickets.

In other news, Bill Belichick traded the 21st pick in 2022 draft to Kansas City.

The Chiefs selected Trent McDuffie.

The Patriots drafted the following players with the picks they got in trade and another trade:

Cole Strange
Bailey Zappe
Jack Jones
Marte Mapu

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I too ranted on the internet after a bullshit ticket….ppl got mad at me for calling the cop (who was clearly an asshole) an asshole in the OT thread and then the cop got kicked off the force a couple years later for kicking a handcuffed guy in the head🤷‍♂️

"When asked about the comments and if he had any regrets about what he said, Baker didn’t back down."

“Anybody that I needed to apologize to, or anything I needed to do, I already did,” Baker said, via Pro Football Network’s Dakota Randall. “At the end of the day, it’s a Coach Jerod question. …I don’t know, honestly, I guess more eyeballs are on me because I’m in the NFL. But if I regret anything I said, I wouldn’t have ever said it. So, I don’t regret nothing.”

🤷‍♀️

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Classic Lamar Jackson game. Had a guy wide open in the end zone on 2 straight plays and couldn’t put it on him when it counted. But the fantasy nerds are gonna look at his stats and say he had a great game…

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What a disaster game for those up on Bill Belichick at the end

Rodney Harrison starts off by saying if he could have and secondary player to start a team it’s Trent McDuffie

He was there when the Patriots were on the clock and the Patriots had just lost to Buffalo in playoffs who scored on 8 consecutive drives and torched their D

Bill as we now know traded pick to Chiefs who took him and went back and took a guy who played with a 1966 type helmet bar

He doesn’t get Leo Chenal the actual throwback and protypical Patriots type and then trades up for Tyquan Thornton

There are Chiefs foundational players on D

And Nelson Ahgoler a colossal FA bust made a horrific driving killing mistake last night to kill a second quarter Ravens drive - I had no idea he was on that team till they highlighted the mistake and showed Lamar Jackson in ‘wtf you doing dude’

90% Pats fans will just blame Mayo and probably want Bill back by week 4

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Seems pretty clear that the NFL has decided to use a "point of emphasis" to tip scales as they see fit with this "Offensive tackle not lined up on the line" penalty seeing as though that tackle on the Chiefs was basically lining up in the backfield all the time and it went uncalled.

However, it will be kind of funny when this atrocious Patriots OL gets called for that 4 times a game this year.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Seems pretty clear that the NFL has decided to use a "point of emphasis" to tip scales as they see fit with this "Offensive tackle not lined up on the line" penalty seeing as though that tackle on the Chiefs was basically lining up in the backfield all the time and it went uncalled.

However, it will be kind of funny when this atrocious Patriots OL gets called for that 4 times a game this year.

That was very, very weird.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Classic Lamar Jackson game. Had a guy wide open in the end zone on 2 straight plays and couldn’t put it on him when it counted. But the fantasy nerds are gonna look at his stats and say he had a great game…
He's on the Rivers/Matt Ryan path. Stats, MVPs but never able to get over that hump. Nothing wrong with that of course but I don't have any faith in Lamar Jackson EVER beating Patrick Mahomes in a game. I feel like Josh Allen has shown he can do it but their defense folded in that game a few years ago and they aren't nearly as good now. Burrow is the only guy/team that has done it really. Very curious to see how the Bengals look on Sunday.

I wanted McDuffie. I even drafted him the year before in my madden game.
Just a reminder, the players we got instead of taking McDuffie:

Cole Strange
Bailey Zappe
Jack Jones
Marte Mapu

Sometimes it's ok to just take a good player!

Reactions: bbfan419

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He's on the Rivers/Matt Ryan path. Stats, MVPs but never able to get over that hump. Nothing wrong with that of course but I don't have any faith in Lamar Jackson EVER beating Patrick Mahomes in a game. I feel like Josh Allen has shown he can do it but their defense folded in that game a few years ago and they aren't nearly as good now. Burrow is the only guy/team that has done it really. Very curious to see how the Bengals look on Sunday.

Just a reminder, the players we got instead of taking McDuffie:

Cole Strange
Bailey Zappe
Jack Jones
Marte Mapu

Sometimes it's ok to just take a good player!
I agree with you but I also think its an over-simplification. I'm fine with trading down as long as the picks you gain by doing so are used wisely.

Your example above is a great one, but there were a LOT of quality players that could have been taken in that draft (including 2 Pro Bowl CBs) with those picks, had the Pats been smart enough to do so...That 2022 Pats draft was an absolute abomination, and its gonna take them years to recover from it.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I also think the particular team that drafts you, has a huge impact on how you perform.

If Mahomes gets picked by the Bears, instead of KC, does he turn into the player he is today?

What if Bryce Young got taken by Houston and CJ Stroud by Carolina? Are we having completely different conversations about those 2 guys right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad