Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
for those unaware:

Eastern League is split in half..... that's why we had a race between Hartford and Portland to determine who qualifies for playoff consideration.... Hartford won that split.... we're in the 2nd split just as the South does

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Lugo and Kavadas were pretty well regarded, no? Just blocked in the system.

Either way, the Sox are more competitive than they were three days ago - only problem is so are the Orioles, Yankees, and Royals.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Matthew Lugo ( SS/3B ) was Boston's 2nd round pick ( 69th overall ) in the 2019 MLB Draft
Zeferjahn ( RHP ) was Boston's 3rd round pick ( 107th overall ) in the 2019 MLB Draft
Kavadas ( 1B/3B ) was Boston's 11th round pick ( 316th overall ) in the 2021 MLB Draft
Vargas ( RHP ) was an International Free Agent signing

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lugo and Kavadas were pretty well regarded, no? Just blocked in the system.

Either way, the Sox are more competitive than they were three days ago - only problem is so are the Orioles, Yankees, and Royals.
Lugo is kinda positionless but has been hitting the snot out of the ball. Probably a LF. Kavadas has a weird swing scouts think big league pitchers will exploit. Zeferjahn is a big arm with bad control. Vargas lotto ticket

They really took capitalized on Yorke and Lugo’s hot streaks

I like Luis Garcia a lot, he’s probably the best player they added at the deadline

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Kavades is a killer at AAA but has a big problem hitting curve - like 34% wiff rate

Lugo I like but he’s clearing SS for Mayer

Garcia will be a good add

Don’t know P that well but not top system guys

They gave Lugo an opportunity
They got a good arm
They closed SS for Mayer on August 1

I am so happy we have a GM I like

Reactions: sarge88

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Kavades is a killer at AAA but has a big problem hitting curve - like 34% wiff rate

Lugo I like but he’s clearing SS for Mayer

Garcia will be a good add

Don’t know P that well but not top system guys

They gave Lugo an opportunity
They got a good arm
They closed SS for Mayer on August 1

I am so happy we have a GM I like
yeah very good job. I think all the guys they traded needed to be on the 40 man next year. All seemed older

Reactions: sarge88 and DKH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
yeah very good job. I think all the guys they traded needed to be on the 40 man next year. All seemed older
That is a major part of what they did, gave up an extra piece in some deals to get the thing done rather than potentially lose them for no value in the offseason (or have to protect a guy they’re only lukewarm about)

He has been raking but damn does Yoshida run with a piano on his back

Reactions: sarge88

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
That is a major part of what they did, gave up an extra piece in some deals to get the thing done rather than potentially lose them for no value in the offseason (or have to protect a guy they’re only lukewarm about)
If I'm the Angels I am putting those older guys in the lineup.

Sox and Mets IMO did the right things for where they are in the standings IMO.

Reactions: CDJ and DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad