Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been watching baseball for over 25 years and thought I knew the rulebook, but I would've absolutely sworn that the run shouldn't have counted on that sac fly.

I still can't wrap my head around it, if the runner at first is out on a force, that should wipe out the run from third, even if he touched the plate before the out at first. In practically every other context a force out wipes out a run.

You learn something every day I guess. Also goes to show how rare the occurrence of a sacrifice double play is.
-
It's hard to be mad at Adolis. He's just so fun to watch.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
This loss stings. Had it in the bag and pitching blows it. Sure you can blame Cedanne for the missed throw on the DP but he was coming in cold to SS after being at CF all night

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Absolutely infuriating. I thought these new age nerds like Bloom/Breslow knew how to put a bullpen together...

Where are the young arms in the pen? Nevermind developing starting pitching prospects.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240328_125134_Twitter.jpg

Winnable game. Embarrassing loss. We need Slaten back asap.

Kids go hungry tonight. I'm frustrated.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I've been watching baseball for over 25 years and thought I knew the rulebook, but I would've absolutely sworn that the run shouldn't have counted on that sac fly.

I still can't wrap my head around it, if the runner at first is out on a force, that should wipe out the run from third, even if he touched the plate before the out at first. In practically every other context a force out wipes out a run.

You learn something every day I guess. Also goes to show how rare the occurrence of a sacrifice double play is.
-

I thought the same.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
Was at the game tonight, bullpen sucked, Raffy ran around the bases like it was t-ball and if Romy doesn’t jump for the ball at first base for no reason, the Sox win. Just a tragedy (no comedy there) of physical and mental errors along with relief pitching that wouldn’t work in the Independent League.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell

-
NESN seemed confused by it too. The broadcast didn't even acknowledge it until a couple outs were made the next half inning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad