Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
13 more K's for the Sox today. Gives them 40 in the 3-game series.

13 more hits by the Astros to give them 39 in the 3-game series.

3 more bombs by Astros to give them 9 in the 3-game series.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Annnnnd....yesh

Screenshot_20240811_170834_Twitter.jpg

sigh

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They left Kristian Campbell in Portland

He is hitting 380 with a 1.076 ops

Played SS today but usually 2B

Roman Anthony probably (?) was joking said Campbell is the best out of the four

Mayer calls him Barry Bonds (definitely joking)

Gammons at Future Game says a scout around cage says Campbell going to be a star

Horrible news on Paxton poor guy sounds like serious injury could be a problem career wise

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I would not be surprised one bit if Campbell ends up better than Mayer
Yeh I got that vibe

It would probably get me removed as a member from Wallys Clubhouse Club but if Campbell that good I’d explore Mayer in a deal for the White Sox or Tigers young starter

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ya I am not calling for a "lengthy" suspension for one slip of the tongue. Granted in the year 2024 that word would never come close to coming out of my mouth (it was commonplace in the era I grew up in). When it rains it pours though. An unnecessary distraction when things are already going south. He had built up so much goodwill this year too.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ya I am not calling for a "lengthy" suspension for one slip of the tongue. Granted in the year 2024 that word would never come close to coming out of my mouth (it was commonplace in the era I grew up in). When it rains it pours though. An unnecessary distraction when things are already going south. He had built up so much goodwill this year too.
Anyone of that generation who grew up on Xbox live is liable to slip in that word or even worse out of compulsive habit during a moment of competitive frustration. You really have to train it out of your vocabulary.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Same. It's 2024 you can't just willy nilly say things such as that. I remember hearing people/kids use that word a good amount in the 90s growing up, back then though it never seemed to be taken as bad or offensive as it is now and the people that said it usually didn't even usually mean it in a homophobic fashion.. It was just said as a general mean insult.

Anyway hopefully the Sox bounce back against Texas tomorrow night. Is Bello back tomorrow? ESPN has him listed as the starting pitcher.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Same. It's 2024 you can't just willy nilly say things such as that. I remember hearing people/kids use that word a good amount in the 90s growing up, back then though it never seemed to be taken as bad or offensive as it is now and the people that said it usually didn't even usually mean it in a homophobic fashion.. It was just said as a general mean insult.

Anyway hopefully the Sox bounce back against Texas tomorrow night. Is Bello back tomorrow? ESPN has him listed as the starting pitcher.
scheduled to be from what was released Friday.... minimum is 3 games on Paternity list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia