Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - Affter 81 games the Sox are 43-38

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Middle infield is the biggest need when do we start talking about bringing up Marcelo Mayer? He's better than anyone we have right now or can trade for.

I'm sure the pitching will regress to the mean next year but at the moment we look pretty solid especially in the rotation. We probably want to trade for a veteran bat but Yoshi and Casas will be back soon enough we might be OK at OF/1B/DH.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Middle infield is the biggest need when do we start talking about bringing up Marcelo Mayer? He's better than anyone we have right now or can trade for.

I'm sure the pitching will regress to the mean next year but at the moment we look pretty solid especially in the rotation. We probably want to trade for a veteran bat but Yoshi and Casas will be back soon enough we might be OK at OF/1B/DH.
Mayer isn't a need there for the position he plays,, Brad.... that's why you saw Hamilton go up first.....Mayer's likely moving up eventually or unless Worcester totally implodes..... Mayer's fine in Portland.... it's based upon need., btw, both BOS/WOR are on NESN 6 hours apart tonight since the matinee this afternoon

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

For Mayer to move up they would have to add him to the 40 man roster which require them to remove someone the last time I checked.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
OU crushed Texas 8-3 in game 1 of the WCWS. Kelly Maxwell was incredible pitching less than 24 hours after throwing 150+ pitches vs. Florida. Game 2 on ESPN tonight at 8pm ET.

Boomer! Horns Down.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watched some of D’Backs and Giants and once again Jordan Montgomery got eviscerated

He’s got nothing

88-90 yikes

Probably missing spring training and pressure of that contract

If this was here - the Sox would at least be discussed

In good news

Jarren Duran snapped out of his mini extra base hit slump

Mookie Betts 1-24 four strikeouts

Kidding- love Mookie

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

We don't know that yet.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Watched some of D’Backs and Giants and once again Jordan Montgomery got eviscerated

He’s got nothing

88-90 yikes

Probably missing spring training and pressure of that contract

If this was here - the Sox would at least be discussed

In good news

Jarren Duran snapped out of his mini extra base hit slump

Mookie Betts 1-24 four strikeouts

Kidding- love Mookie
I noticed Mookie slipped on the OPS rankings

Devers is almost top 5, his contract look pretty good if he keeps it up

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kyle Teel named Eastern League Player of the month for May

.357 average
.443 on base
.560 slug

Please please please be the Buster Posey- like be real

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I know but you did not add the please, please Posey part
Portland rarely comes up accurately unless you follow it closely.... and hence the delays in news postings and then what the teams post social media-wise as roadtrips are only covered as an afterthought by one network not all 3 networks

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Matthew Lugo is staying hot since his promotion to Worcester, he is starting to get awfully interesting. Playing RF for the first time today and had a double and a dinger at last check. Hoping he can end up playing the corners in both the infield and the outfield

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Can't help but root for him!

Kids are eating good again!

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: CDJ and GatorMike

Ad

Upcoming events