Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - Affter 81 games the Sox are 43-38

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Kids can eat again. Hallelujah!

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
An aside - I took my kids on a whirlwind three parks in three days tour of Philly, Baltimore and the Mets this weekend. Hadn’t been to a Phillies game, and last Mets game was at Shea in ‘04. All three parks and fan experience were excellent and put the Sox and Fenway Park to shame. Phillies and Orioles were both sold out with passionate and knowledgeable fans, both are legit contenders and both act like they actually appreciate people showing up. Citi is a huge upgrade from Shea, but no energy due to low attendance. Still a really nice spot and would be more fun if the Mets were good.

Reactions: CDJ and EverettMike

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think Iverson has a shit ton of money coming to him when he’s 50 because he knew he’d spend it all if he had access to it all

A man who clearly visited the Temple of Apollo at Delphi.

An aside - I took my kids on a whirlwind three parks in three days tour of Philly, Baltimore and the Mets this weekend. Hadn’t been to a Phillies game, and last Mets game was at Shea in ‘04. All three parks and fan experience were excellent and put the Sox and Fenway Park to shame. Phillies and Orioles were both sold out with passionate and knowledgeable fans, both are legit contenders and both act like they actually appreciate people showing up. Citi is a huge upgrade from Shea, but no energy due to low attendance. Still a really nice spot and would be more fun if the Mets were good.

I can't wait to do this exact kind of trip with my son someday. Absolutely awesome stuff.

• Love
Reactions: 08SeaBass08 and CDJ

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
A man who clearly visited the Temple of Apollo at Delphi.

I can't wait to do this exact kind of trip with my son someday. Absolutely awesome stuff.
Mike, it’s everything I love about being their dad. Doing everything possible to help them experience as much cool shit with them as I can. And it’s always quality time, even when they can’t stop annoying the piss out of each other.

Reactions: EverettMike

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Imagine acknowledging you are so bad at money (or gambling) that you would lose out on millions of dollars to defer your contract decades.

The Bobby Bonilla buyout was a smart move for Bonilla beyond that. He made himself an extra $20+ million from deferring. He was owed $5.9m and got bought out for $1.2m a year + 8% interest x 25 years. The Mets were the morons here because they wanted the lump of money to invest with Bernie Madoff thinking they'd make a killing on the interest.

His was more than simply getting his money over time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad