Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: Ángel Hernández to retire: Much-maligned MLB umpire calling it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Duran is 27 but I do hope they sign him for 4-5 years or thru a year or two of arbitration

Anyone agree?

He might be able to relax a bit and really take off

The last 2 seasons he’s stats add up to a full season and his numbers over it look like this

2B 47
3B 10
HR 11
SB 35

His home run should convince him if already didn’t that he can hit it out of anywhere

He should be an Al Oliver approach guy - see ball hit hard and run

Very happy for him

Get Casas back and at least win 81+

I love Duran. Just wish he’d bunt 2 times a week.

Can’t imagine him not getting on base 60-65% of the time where he gets it down.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Benintendi is the worst player in the league according to WAR. Never seen a player fall off like this during what should have been his prime
Bloom sold at a low value point, but at least we got Winck out of it.

I loved Benny Biceps when he came up. I thought he'd be a stud for a long time, but something happened and I still don't know what. You can pinpoint it to August 2019 where all of a sudden like a light switch, he turned into a AA hitter. August 16, 2019, he reached a late-season high in BA (.290), OBP (.363), and OPS (.839). From then on, it was a firm decline until he wrapped up the year at .266/.343/.744 respectively. Then after COVID he came back for 2020 as the worst hitter in baseball.

Bounced back with KC a little bit since he got traded to NY and went to Chicago it's just been a disaster. I wonder if it's just mental or if they're going to find some kind of medical condition. He's been pretty healthy all things considered, at least in terms of staying on the field, but the tools have degraded badly. A skeptic is going to look at his trajectory leaking in 2018 then tanking mid-2019 and make a crack about Alex Cora sign stealing or something, but Benny had all the natural tools in the world regardless.

Reactions: CDJ

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Bello to close Series @ Rays (6:50);

looks like Whitlock to 60 day DL;

Uwasawa for Woo Sox vs. NOR 6:05;

Gonzalez for POR vs. HFD 6:35

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Benintendi is the worst player in the league according to WAR. Never seen a player fall off like this during what should have been his prime
It’s probably a ridiculous statement from me but I’ll post it anyways

It’s like he hates everything about the game from the expectations to the adulation

But it pays well and he knows he had a gift

So ? Msybe his meteoric rise at Arkansas was steroid induced and now he’s just what he was pre juice (i actually believe this)

The most wrong I’ve ever been about a guy is him

I thought he was a 300 25 hr GG OF

Every time he’s on I stop everything to watch and wonder - birds fly outside in slow motion, a meow for food lasts 10 seconds

Time slows down

If I ever had beers with Dombro I’d ask about what is your take on this guy and of course Betts

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s probably a ridiculous statement from me but I’ll post it anyways

It’s like he hates everything about the game from the expectations to the adulation

But it pays well and he knows he had a gift

So ? Msybe his meteoric rise at Arkansas was steroid induced and now he’s just what he was pre juice (i actually believe this)

The most wrong I’ve ever been about a guy is him

I thought he was a 300 25 hr GG OF

Every time he’s on I stop everything to watch and wonder - birds fly outside in slow motion, a meow for food lasts 10 seconds

Time slows down

If I ever had beers with Dombro I’d ask about what is your take on this guy and of course Betts
The thing is he was a really good player for the Sox years after Arkansas and while being routinely tested. He did have some injuries so perhaps that really sapped his athleticism but it really is a mystery as to what happened to him

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bloom sold at a low value point, but at least we got Winck out of it.

I loved Benny Biceps when he came up. I thought he'd be a stud for a long time, but something happened and I still don't know what. You can pinpoint it to August 2019 where all of a sudden like a light switch, he turned into a AA hitter. August 16, 2019, he reached a late-season high in BA (.290), OBP (.363), and OPS (.839). From then on, it was a firm decline until he wrapped up the year at .266/.343/.744 respectively. Then after COVID he came back for 2020 as the worst hitter in baseball.

Bounced back with KC a little bit since he got traded to NY and went to Chicago it's just been a disaster. I wonder if it's just mental or if they're going to find some kind of medical condition. He's been pretty healthy all things considered, at least in terms of staying on the field, but the tools have degraded badly. A skeptic is going to look at his trajectory leaking in 2018 then tanking mid-2019 and make a crack about Alex Cora sign stealing or something, but Benny had all the natural tools in the world regardless.
Gambrell looks like a possible up and down guy too, trade will work out just fine in the end.

And of course the Franchyse. I hope he’s doing well

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
BAL @ ST. Louis suspended (weather) gm resumes 12:15 ET tomorrow 11:15 CT regularly scheduled gm will be 30 minutes following end of suspended gm

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
First series sweep at the Trop since 2019

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad