Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Listening to Tony Perez Jr on mlb radio Sunday Night baseball, Xander Bogearts sounds miserable in SD.

He signed up with Scott Boras and got money he will never need and be forced to play many years in a place and position he doesn’t seem to want

He’s got to play 10 more years or get released

My kids always ate free because I was paying

About 14 they would go from something very cheap and simple to ‘I’ll have the lobster Mac or salmon’
Playing like he’s miserable, that for sure. Guy doesn’t seem to have pop anymore. He’s also playing a bad 2B

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Playing like he’s miserable, that for sure. Guy doesn’t seem to have pop anymore. He’s also playing a bad 2B
My favorite Sox player. I’m kind of upset he left but anything over 6 years here was dumb

I’m going to be fascinated to watch him

Was watching Masters stuff going to flip over and see what they say about him

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Vintage Kenley lmao

Feels like I’m watching Todd Jones it makes me feel alive again

New GM trying to get a feel for things
Lineup that can rake when it wants to
Starting rotation held together by string that's surprisingly overperforming
Shockingly atrocious defense
Rollercoaster Bullpen
Checked out players' manager

Party like it's 2003!

Reactions: CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My favorite Sox player. I’m kind of upset he left but anything over 6 years here was dumb

I’m going to be fascinated to watch him

Was watching Masters stuff going to flip over and see what they say about him

My brother just asked me an interesting question.

Could you win the masters if you only had to putt, starting 100 feet from every hole?

In essence can you average about 3.85 putts per hole?

Scheffler won at 277

72 x 3.85 = 277.2

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idk @CDJ

What you think?
He’s not the only pitcher to complain about them, Fairbanks did as well and I’m sure other have too. It really isn’t fair what they do to the pitchers, they change the ball on them from year to year and took away their ability to use something to get a better grip.

Just stop f***ing with the balls!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He’s not the only pitcher to complain about them, Fairbanks did as well and I’m sure other have too. It really isn’t fair what they do to the pitchers, they change the ball on them from year to year and took away their ability to use something to get a better grip.

Just stop f***ing with the balls!
I must admit I had no idea they changed the balls yet again. I don't get it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I must admit I had no idea they changed the balls yet again. I don't get it.
They’re constantly tinkering with it from year to year

They just need to cut the BS and get the same exact ball for every single game in every single park. I wouldn’t even use humidors or whatever it is they use in certain ones. If Coors is gonna be 10-7 every night then let it.

This is 2022 but they do this shit every year.

Also- with some balls being hard to grip this leads to less safe conditions for the hitters. Kenley almost killed O’Hoppe today.

Reactions: Mione134

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think this guy is a bit over rated but he seems like a good guy and does some fun stuff out there for fans to see and smile about.This one was fantastic :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
He is fun and he’s pretty good - I would take him in my rotation if his arm is sound - he like most pitchers has battled arm issues from time to time

Was it the 2004 Red Sox who used only 5 starters

I know as Paul McCartney sang ‘it’s been 20 years ago today…’ but it seems just a few years ago - time flies

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They're such asses, it's unbelievable.
That’s wild - Luccino should have a statue for what he did for that franchise from 2003 for a decade or more

Kind of a good reminder try and not let things end badly even in disagreements

Just a guess but Larry & Janet Marie Smith were a team and @Fenway has alluded to what happened once Linda came in

I’m assuming more to story

Reactions: McGarnagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad