Prospect Info: 2024 prospect tournament in LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I think we have basically caught up with the Ducks rebuild despite starting 3 years later.

Celebrini = Carlsson
Smith = McTavish
Eklund = Zegras
Musty = Gauthier
Dickinson = Mintyukov
Askarov = Dostal

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I think we have basically caught up with the Ducks rebuild despite starting 3 years later.

Celebrini = Carlsson
Smith = McTavish
Eklund = Zegras
Musty = Gauthier
Dickinson = Mintyukov
Askarov = Dostal
I'd generally agree on the players in place, except that each of these players still is about a year or two behind your comps. Celebrini has higher upside vs Carlsson but he hasn't seen NHL ice yet. Smith same as McTavish. Zegras for all his faults is still a 60 point player already, and Eklund may end up better eventually but isn't there now. And so on.

But we also have the chance after one more good draft and development year to significantly surpass their rebuild, at least in potential. Prospect depth gives us great chances at surprises, and a top 5 D pick gives us a chance to look deeper at the top end of D, so long as one of new guy or Dickinson hit.

Reactions: NiWa and Dicdonya

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I'd generally agree on the players in place, except that each of these players still is about a year or two behind your comps. Celebrini has higher upside vs Carlsson but he hasn't seen NHL ice yet. Smith same as McTavish. Zegras for all his faults is still a 60 point player already, and Eklund may end up better eventually but isn't there now. And so on.

But we also have the chance after one more good draft and development year to significantly surpass their rebuild, at least in potential. Prospect depth gives us great chances at surprises, and a top 5 D pick gives us a chance to look deeper at the top end of D, so long as one of new guy or Dickinson hit.
Realistically we're about a year behind them which is great work by Grier after starting 3 years in the hole. We still need to draft a Sennecke or defenseman with similar potential.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
Really shows the value of having two 1st round picks in a draft. Wish we still had that Vegas pick.
I just hope the GM and coaches will just let the kids play. Hope they don't try to hold their development back because they want a better draft pick position. We're so done with tanking!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

Celebrini = Carlsson
Smith = McTavish
Eklund = Zegras
Musty = Gauthier
Dickinson = Mintyukov
Askarov = Dostal

You swapped ">" with "=". Must be a defective keyboard.

Reactions: Lebanezer

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I guess, we'll see how good of a decision using two 1st round picks of value on a goalie prospect was.
It was good even if it doesn’t work out. The Sharks needed a goalie of the future. Now they have one.

Also, Edstrom was like number 8 on our depth chart. Not exactly a superstar in the making….

Also, we can add to your list with musty as a very possible star. And it doesn’t include cherny, lsw, and all the other prospects.

The Sharks have a small army of potential nhlers including graf, Brody, gushkin, Bystedt, musty, celly , smith, cherny, Halttunen, Cardwell, mukh, Thompson, Cagnoni, Dickinson…

It’s a lot of potential there and a lot of prospect competition. The Sharks are stacked, so now it’s a matter of using Elc discounts well, and using space to add vets in a wily and strategic way.

Reactions: Grinner

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
The Sharks have a small army of potential nhlers including graf, Brody, gushkin, Bystedt, musty, celly , smith, cherny, Halttunen, Cardwell, mukh, Thompson, Cagnoni, Dickinson…

Brody = ?Who? did you mean Bords?
Gushkin = Daniil Gushchin
celly = I think Celebrini
cherny= Igor Chernyshov
Thompson= Jack Thompson

Did I get it right?
Man, I need a dictionary.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Realistically we're about a year behind them which is great work by Grier after starting 3 years in the hole. We still need to draft a Sennecke or defenseman with similar potential.
I think we're building a pool that (assuming they develop decently) should be able to compete against any other young team in the west. Anaheim, Chicago, Utah, etc.

We'll see how all the teams develop, and how the current good teams regress (if they even do)

Reactions: Grinner

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Brody = ?Who? did you mean Bords?
Gushkin = Daniil Gushchin
celly = I think Celebrini
cherny= Igor Chernyshov
Thompson= Jack Thompson

Did I get it right?
Man, I need a dictionary.

I would recommend Hanley's Hip Handbook 2024 Edition. I have that drip on my bookshelf right now. It's lit, has helped me really glow-up alongside my kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad