Prospect Info: 2024 prospect tournament in LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
So, it would seem to me that Musty is the most intriguing preseason story. Smith and celly are almost assured a spot on the NHL roster. All the other prospects are almost assured to go back to jrs (dick, wetsch, etc) or AHL (Haltunnen, cags, Graf, Bystedt, etc).

But, Musty is caught in the middle. Too good for the O, but good enough for the NHL?

As such, what are your predictions on Musty?

Option A: Makes the NHL out of camp, and stays all year.
Option B: makes the NHL out of camp, plays the full 9 games, but then sent back to the O
Option C: makes the NHL out of camp, plays 5 games or less, then back to O
Option D: Back to O toward the end of camp.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So, it would seem to me that Musty is the most intriguing preseason story. Smith and celly are almost assured a spot on the NHL roster. All the other prospects are almost assured to go back to jrs (dick, wetsch, etc) or AHL (Haltunnen, cags, Graf, Bystedt, etc).

But, Musty is caught in the middle. Too good for the O, but good enough for the NHL?

As such, what are your predictions on Musty?

Option A: Makes the NHL out of camp, and stays all year.
Option B: makes the NHL out of camp, plays the full 9 games, but then sent back to the O
Option C: makes the NHL out of camp, plays 5 games or less, then back to O
Option D: Back to O toward the end of camp.
This is why the CHL agreement is so annoying. I mean I get why it's in place, but the A would be the perfect place for Musty at the moment.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
This is why the CHL agreement is so annoying. I mean I get why it's in place, but the A would be the perfect place for Musty at the moment.
I completely agree with you. He belongs with the cuda, no question.

However, given the reality, where does he end up.

For what its worth, I think he ends up in SJ all year. Hes just been too effective to send back. He crushed the prospect game laset year with a trick. Crushed it again this year. He's crushing the rookie tourney. Hes got the size and skill. The only question is his Dzone play, and I dont know if that can be so much improved in the O.

There is no need to rush anyone, but there is also no need not to. Its not like the sharks have a full roster of legit NHLers who are well ahead of musty and the team would hurt their chances of making PO's if they played him. Obviously, you dont want to keep him only to have him be a healthy scratch half the season, but if he shows NHL caliber skill, then give him a regular shift seems fine. If he struggles, he gets valuable experience. If he kicks butt, then the sharks have another sub 20 year old star forward in the making.

I have rarely been so jazzed for a preseason to start. So many good story lines. So many intense competitions for roster spots. So many guys who could grab a spot. Wish we had more intrigue on the defensive side, but at least at forward, there is so much to watch.

How strange. 8D? I guess they saw enough from the top kids.

Ill be interested in seeing how that top line does. Musty and halts had a strong game with smith. Wonder how they will do with Bystedt.

Also, no Graf, who showed very well yesterday too. Clearly, this is the B-team.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
That defensive roster be like
1726508884548.png

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I completely agree with you. He belongs with the cuda, no question.

However, given the reality, where does he end up.

For what its worth, I think he ends up in SJ all year. Hes just been too effective to send back. He crushed the prospect game laset year with a trick. Crushed it again this year. He's crushing the rookie tourney. Hes got the size and skill. The only question is his Dzone play, and I dont know if that can be so much improved in the O.

There is no need to rush anyone, but there is also no need not to. Its not like the sharks have a full roster of legit NHLers who are well ahead of musty and the team would hurt their chances of making PO's if they played him. Obviously, you dont want to keep him only to have him be a healthy scratch half the season, but if he shows NHL caliber skill, then give him a regular shift seems fine. If he struggles, he gets valuable experience. If he kicks butt, then the sharks have another sub 20 year old star forward in the making.

I have rarely been so jazzed for a preseason to start. So many good story lines. So many intense competitions for roster spots. So many guys who could grab a spot. Wish we had more intrigue on the defensive side, but at least at forward, there is so much to watch.

How strange. 8D? I guess they saw enough from the top kids.

Ill be interested in seeing how that top line does. Musty and halts had a strong game with smith. Wonder how they will do with Bystedt.

Also, no Graf, who showed very well yesterday too. Clearly, this is the B-team.
I think he'll probably get a 9 game stint to start the season and if he absolutely wows the front office he'll stay, but it'll need to be a pretty substantial wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad