2024 Prospect Poll #7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' best remaining prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Devon Levi, G (84/146 votes, 57.5%) (--). Runner up: Jiri Kulich.
  2. Jiri Kulich, F (89/136 votes, 65.4%) (+1). Runner up: Konsta Helenius.
  3. Konsta Helenius, F (76/118, 64.4%) (NR). Runner up: Noah Ostlund.
  4. Noah Ostlund, F (79/120 votes, 69.8%) (+1). Runner up: Anton Wahlberg.
  5. Isak Rosen, F (43/128 votes, 33.6%) (+1). Runner up: Anton Wahlberg.
  6. Anton Wahlberg, F (54/109 votes, 49.5%) (+2). Runner up: Ryan Johnson.

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2024-25 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2024);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Olivier Nadeau, Alexander Kisakov, Ethan Miedema, Tyler Tulio, Tyson Kozak, Lukas Rousek, Viljami Marjala, Jake Richard, Matteo Costantini, Aaron Huglen, William von Barnekow, Gustav Karlsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Linus Sjodin, Vasili Zelenov, Joel Berndtsson
  • Defensemen: Simon-Pier Brunet, Luke Osburn, Patrick Geary, Shane Keohane, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Topias Leinonen, Ryerson Leenders

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Johnson being our 7th best prospect makes me think our prospect pool is still pretty strong even after the Savoie trade. That's not even counting all our young players on ELCs.

This one should be a blow out, though. Quite the change of pace from the previous two polls.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Johnson being our 7th best prospect makes me think our prospect pool is still pretty strong even after the Savoie trade. That's not even counting all our young players on ELCs.

This one should be a blow out, though. Quite the change of pace from the previous two polls.

Yup. Savoie wasn't just competing for organizational opportunities with Kulich/Rosen/Helenius/Ostlund; he was also going to have to be better than at least one of Thompson, Cozens, Benson, Tuch, Peterka, or Quinn to get a top 6 role in the NHL. Still plenty of young talent here, but now we have a real bottom 6.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

If we look at young talent too, these guys are 24 or under:
Cozens, Krebs, McLeon, Benson, JJ, Quinn, Bryam, Dahlin, Power, Samuelson, Levi

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Everyone sleeping on my boy Johnson.
It's his offensive game that holds him back in many people's minds from what I gathered reading. I don't think many people are sleeping on him. I personally don't have him higher than #6.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Novikov, he could pass Johnson on the depth chart by the end of this season. Add Kisa.

Always curious how differently things would look if results were hidden until the poll closed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad