• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I went with Heinola, he seems to get very little respect on HFJets, or the Jets for that matter...

E3h7pvyXwAIbIU6.jpeg

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Went with heinola again... he made the team last year barring injury

Does mcgro even classify as a jets prospect anymore?

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
I would have said McGrorty but I don't know if you can even classify him as a "Jets" prospect anymore.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
McGroarty still dead to me. Voted Heinola.

McGroarty is like a good Russian player who falls way down in the draft because he may be a KHL lifer. You just can't waste an early round pick on him!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Lucius might be underrated at this point. If he can stay healthy he might surprise us.
Curtis Isacke whose writes in Seatle for the Kraken has a data only website. For reference Lambert ranked 11th, McGroarty 30, Lucius 33rd.

Jets ranked 3rd in the NHL for total prospects in the top 50 & 6th for total prospects in the top 200. Jets are also 1st overall when combining the present roster with their prospect pool, tied with Carolina for the team most likely for substained success.

Further the Athletic's last prospect ranking had the Jets extremely well positioned with 5 prospects in the top 100.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Curtis Isacke whose writes in Seatle for the Kraken has a data only website. For reference Lambert ranked 11th, McGroarty 30, Lucius 33rd.

Jets ranked 3rd in the NHL for total prospects in the top 50 & 6th for total prospects in the top 200. Jets are also 1st overall when combining the present roster with their prospect pool, tied with Carolina for the team most likely for substained success.

Further the Athletic's last prospect ranking had the Jets extremely well positioned with 5 prospects in the top 100.
Nice to read the positive position on our prospect pool.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think it's clearly McGroarty here
probably higher if he were signed to the Jets...Looks like 3 and 4 are going to be Mc Groarty followed by Heinola...After that I think it starts to get interesting.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
probably higher if he were signed to the Jets...Looks like 3 and 4 are going to be Mc Groarty followed by Heinola...After that I think it starts to get interesting.

I have him 2 on my personal list. Agrees, after Ville it gets interesting.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If he stays healthy, he'll be a top six player without doubt.
Bad luck, bad body or both...he needs the board to be tilted the other way for a while. I agree there is untapped pedigree there.

As a side note the one prospect I am least convinced about is Heinola. I want to be dead wrong but I get Sami Niku vibes at times where he did okay in the AHL but was a complete yard sale in the show. Heinola is no where near the defensive liability Niku was but Heinola has had his moments.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He's missed so much development time. I don't know what to expect from him any longer.
Lambert got 38points in 26 games in 22-23 but Loosh scored 15 points in 6 games in the WHL the same season!
If his injuries are behind him, we have a great prospect.

Reactions: Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lambert got 38points in 26 games in 22-23 but Loosh scored 15 points in 6 games in the WHL the same season!
If his injuries are behind him, we have a great prospect.

He's played only 70 games the last 4 seasons. That isn't even a full seasons worth of games. I put very little stock in an incredibly small sample size.

There is nothing to say injuries are behind him or or that they haven't heavily impacted his ability. He is very much a suspect until he proves otherwise.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He's played only 70 games the last 4 seasons. That isn't even a full seasons worth of games. I put very little stock in an incredibly small sample size.

There is nothing to say injuries are behind him or or that they haven't heavily impacted his ability. He is very much a suspect until he proves otherwise.
Yeah it will be extremely hard for the kid to make up for so much lost development time. He needs a couple healthy years just to get back into the conversation as a top prospect.

Reactions: Buffdog and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah it will be extremely hard for the kid to make up for so much lost development time. He needs a couple healthy years just to get back into the conversation as a top prospect.

Yup, he desperately needs a 60-70 game year this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad