2024 Prospect Poll #18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Jets’ 18th best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looking at this list so far and I wonder if Lundmark might be a bit low at this point. He'll never score much at the NHL level, but he made some big improvements over the past couple of years and I think he's at least a consideration as an injury replacement if the Jets get a run of injuries on RD.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Looking at this list so far and I wonder if Lundmark might be a bit low at this point. He'll never score much at the NHL level, but he made some big improvements over the past couple of years and I think he's at least a consideration as an injury replacement if the Jets get a run of injuries on RD.
The fact that the Jets went out and signed Coghlan makes me think that either they're high enough on Lundmark to assume he won't clear waivers if they try to send him to the Moose (and needed the added RHD depth Coghlan provides)

OR

The org isn't sold on Lundmark making it at the NHL level and were looking for an upgrade

I guess we'll see how things shake out in camp

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The fact that the Jets went out and signed Coghlan makes me think that either they're high enough on Lundmark to assume he won't clear waivers if they try to send him to the Moose (and needed the added RHD depth Coghlan provides)

OR

The org isn't sold on Lundmark making it at the NHL level and were looking for an upgrade

I guess we'll see how things shake out in camp
I think they needed that extra RHD in the organization, and it's good to have options. But I've been a bit surprised when Roy and others in the development side of the organization have mentioned Lundmark as a player that has made strides.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think they needed that extra RHD in the organization, and it's good to have options. But I've been a bit surprised when Roy and others in the development side of the organization have mentioned Lundmark as a player that has made strides.
It does seem like the Jets did typical patchwork. Capobianco wasn't coming back and the Moose need someone who can QB a PP with Heinola graduating too. I'm not sure if Salomonsson will be that guy, time will tell. Coughlan is at least an option

Lundmark has been given a steady defensive role for the past 2 seasons on the Moose. He has developed some chemistry with Heinola over 3 seasons, and last season they were given the shutdown role, when Heinola finally got healthy. Before that I believe he was tied to Ashton Sauntner and that's a considerable talent drop off. Capobianco and before him Chisholm had been given more offensive roles in the minors. So I think the organization saw strides in his defensive game...

He's a good skater, and has the size to play in the NHL. I think it just comes down to opportunity now. If the Jets need a defensive callup during the season he might be first in line, assuming he clears waivers.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It does seem like the Jets did typical patchwork. Capobianco wasn't coming back and the Moose need someone who can QB a PP with Heinola graduating too. I'm not sure if Salomonsson will be that guy, time will tell. Coughlan is at least an option

Lundmark has been given a steady defensive role for the past 2 seasons on the Moose. He has developed some chemistry with Heinola over 3 seasons, and last season they were given the shutdown role, when Heinola finally got healthy. Before that I believe he was tied to Ashton Sauntner and that's a considerable talent drop off. Capobianco and before him Chisholm had been given more offensive roles in the minors. So I think the organization saw strides in his defensive game...

He's a good skater, and has the size to play in the NHL. I think it just comes down to opportunity now. If the Jets need a defensive callup during the season he might be first in line, assuming he clears waivers.
The NHL is full of players on the AHL/NHL bubble. A player like Lundmark can fit into that category because of his skating and size, as long as he can play a very steady defensive game and is able to make smart, simple plays with the puck. It's basically the type of player you can plug into your bottom pair when needed without losing too much.

Reactions: voyageur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad