2024 Prospect Poll #16

Who is the Sabres' best remaining prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Devon Levi, G (84/146 votes, 57.5%) (--). Runner up: Jiri Kulich.
  2. Jiri Kulich, F (89/136 votes, 65.4%) (+1). Runner up: Konsta Helenius.
  3. Konsta Helenius, F (76/118, 64.4%) (NR). Runner up: Noah Ostlund.
  4. Noah Ostlund, F (79/120 votes, 69.8%) (+1). Runner up: Anton Wahlberg.
  5. Isak Rosen, F (43/128 votes, 33.6%) (+1). Runner up: Anton Wahlberg.
  6. Anton Wahlberg, F (54/109 votes, 49.5%) (+2). Runner up: Ryan Johnson.
  7. Ryan Johnson, D (81/96 votes, 84.4%) (--). Runner up: Vsedvolod Komarov.
  8. Vsevolod Komarov, D (44/100 votes, 44%) (+7). Runner up: Maxim Strbak.
  9. Nikita Novikov, D (30/88 votes, 31.4%) (--). Runner up: Maxim Strbak.
  10. Viktor Neuchev, F (35/73 votes, 47.9%) (+1). Runner up: You'll never guess -- it was Strbak!
  11. Maxim Strbak, D (61/75 votes, 81.3%) (+2). Runners up: Adam Kleber/Prokhor Poltapov.
  12. Adam Kleber, D (30/71 votes, 42.3%) (NR). Runner up: Prokhor Poltapov.
  13. Brody Ziemer, F (29/72 votes, 40.3%) (NR). Runner up: PP.
  14. Prokhor Poltapov, F (24/62 votes, 38.7%) (-4). Runner up: Lukas Rousek.
  15. Lukas Rousek, F (18/55 votes, 32.7%) (-3). Runner up: Viljami Marjala.

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2024-25 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2024);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Olivier Nadeau, Ethan Miedema, Tyler Tulio, Matteo Costantini, Aaron Huglen, William von Barnekow, Gustav Karlsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Linus Sjodin, Joel Berndtsson
  • Defensemen: Simon-Pier Brunet, Patrick Geary, Shane Keohane, Norwin Panocha

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
McCarthy, add WvB.

True freshman getting the time he did on BU is nothing to sneeze at. He could make a big leap with a strong WJC. I'm not sure the gap between him and Strbak is as large as it seems.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We better hope UPL and Levi work out because apparently the majority of fan base doesn't have any trust in any goalies beyond.

and before someone replies with that terrible 'Goalies are voodoo' schtick

So are the hypothetical's people apply to these players ceilings and floors in their rankings. Tell me it isn't guesswork.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We better hope UPL and Levi work out because apparently the majority of fan base doesn't have any trust in any goalies beyond.

So are the hypothetical's people apply to these players ceilings and floors in their rankings. Tell me it isn't guesswork.

I have Ratzlaff, Leenders and Marjala all with the same grade and tied at 11th on my list.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Richard, add Geary.

Richard, Ratzlaff, Marjala, and McCarthy could go in any order for me here.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Topias could have a big year and be right into the top prospect mix. It wouldn't be a huge surprise considering the lackluster couple of years but sometimes guys just flip a switch and I think he could be getting confidence back from being injured.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Topias could have a big year and be right into the top prospect mix. It wouldn't be a huge surprise considering the lackluster couple of years but sometimes guys just flip a switch and I think he could be getting confidence back from being injured.

And with the double hip surgery he had, it takes a couple of years for goalies to get back to how they were before it.

Look at 6K for an example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad