2024 Prospect Poll #11

Who is the Jets’ 11th best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I keep refreshing the page, done at least 7 times now. Whenever I try to select Kevin He (or Julien or Zhilkin) - my page just keeps re-directing me to ad sites.

Guess Ill try and vote again in a few hours....

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the goalies at these two spots back to back. I didn’t get to see them play much last year and haven’t watched video, most viewings were year before, I’m high on both but want to watch more of their play to see who separates himself. I think Dom may have the slight edge.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Isn't this supposed to be a recent poll of our prospects not a hope so poll?

Sure, but I'm not aware that his injury was career threatening. I see no reason not to expect a bounce-back from him this year. I'll downvote him next year if he has another disappointing season.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Ford again
Yep...I am kind of surprised how far he has fell...I don't mind seeing Julien in there. Dale Hunter coached centre, I think the ceiling for this guy is Adam Lowry's replacement if the Jets part with their captain. Just wonder if he starts on the Moose or goes back to the OHL next year. Moose roster is pretty full already so I think he has to make an impression in camp.

But Ford has all the makings of being Appleton's replacement, if the Jets go cheaper at that position.

The fact he scored more goals than Chibrikov, was right behind him in points, and had a better gf/ga differential you'd think that the two AHL rookies would be in the same vicinity in terms of prospective futures. Yet he may find himself behind an ECHL starting goalie and a player who put up 7 points in 44 games. Maybe even behind Lundmark, who has a harder road to the NHL, especially if Salomonsson is as good as people believe.

I feel like Ford for me is in the same place as when I said Kristian Reichel was better than Vesalainen but he fell into the 20s in our prospect list, well behind many a player who never played an NHL game.

C'est la vie.

Thanks to @trebendan for running this show, in the dog days of summer.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Tossup between Julien, DD and Zhilkin.
Going with Zhilkin as I think he will find his game on the Moose.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My prospect ranking

1) Salomonsson
2) Lambert
3) A big pile of LWs that we won't have roster spots for.
4) A couple LDs that we won't have roster spots for.
5) Lucius
6) A couple goalies that we won't have roster spots for.

I hope Chevy doesn't trade our picks for a 2C rental. I hope he uses those picks on guys with 2C (or 2RD) potential.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Recency bias is fairly applicable when it comes to prospects... so call it whatever you want
A down year doesn't mean that a prospect isn't the player they were the years before. It can happen for many reasons .. just look at Lambert

DD and Barlow both struggled with injuries. That should be taken into account

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
A down year doesn't mean that a prospect isn't the player they were the years before. It can happen for many reasons .. just look at Lambert

DD and Barlow both struggled with injuries. That should be taken into account
That's exactly the reason Lamberts stock fell.... that's how prospect rankings work because we don't have a crystal ball

Injuries during development are exponentially worse than during an NHL career...

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That's exactly the reason Lamberts stock fell.... that's how prospect rankings work because we don't have a crystal ball

Injuries during development are exponentially worse than during an NHL career...
Lambert's stock fell, but should it have? There are probably multiple teams kicking themselves for buying into the negative hype surrounding him that led to them passing on him

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My prospect ranking

1) Salomonsson
2) Lambert
3) A big pile of LWs that we won't have roster spots for.
4) A couple LDs that we won't have roster spots for.
5) Lucius
6) A couple goalies that we won't have roster spots for.

I hope Chevy doesn't trade our picks for a 2C rental. I hope he uses those picks on guys with 2C (or 2RD) potential.
IMO you never jump the gun on what your needs will be. Ehlers is going into his UFA year without a contract and Connor is only a year behind. We may soon have a desperate need for top 6 wingers just when the current prospects are ready to make the jump. At LHD we really only have Morrissey and Samberg locked in after that it is Stanley and a very unproven Heinola. And we could really benefit with one of our young goalies hitting as they are a full decade younger than Helly and likely still need another 3-4 years before they are anywhere near ready to be more than a starter at lower levels.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The one development that might really alter the Jets prospect pool and future roster would be Lucius getting fully healthy and fulfilling potential as a 2-C. I think it's a real longshot, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. He's a really smart and talented player who doesn't mind playing in hard areas but his history suggests he might never be healthy enough to make an impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad