2024 Prospect Poll #1

Who is the Jets #1 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is the most confused I have been about our prospect pool in a while. I will take a pass in round 1 and let you guys sort it out.
Yeah it is a pretty tough call. Last year I went with McGroarty and probably would have again if it wasn’t for all the drama around him. Salomonsson looks to be the real deal as a top 4 RHD. But went with Lambert as he looks ready for a big breakout.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I voted Lambert since his trajectory has taken a serious turn for the positive after last season in the AHL.
At 17 he was a higher rated prospect than Mc G. I think his development path and skillset have him as a top 6 forward. Salomonsson for me is a top 4 d prospect almost by default or Pionk hate. Still has to prove himself next level...though I suppose AHL rookies of the year are not sure bets either.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Lambert, Salomonsson and McGroarty (disregarding the trade speculation) are close, with each having different strengths and potential.

I voted for Salomonsson. I couldn't ignore that he ended the season and playoffs as likely the top D on the champion of the Swedish Elite League as a 19 year old. Being RHD and with the top-end skating, I think he's a decent bet to be a very good RD in the top-4.

Lambert would probably be next and I think I might be a bit low on him due to some "anchor bias" that keeps him a bit lower. He had a very impressive rookie AHL season. He just doesn't yet have ideal pro size and strength for an NHL C, but I really like his development.

I'm still very high on McGroarty. I think he'll be a strong NHLer who can complement skilled linemates with smarts and puck skills. I hope that Barlow can develop into that role if McGroarty is on his way out.

I think Frei has to be added to the poll very soon.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Lambert, Salomonsson and McGroarty (disregarding the trade speculation) are close, with each having different strengths and potential.

I voted for Salomonsson. I couldn't ignore that he ended the season and playoffs as likely the top D on the champion of the Swedish Elite League as a 19 year old. Being RHD and with the top-end skating, I think he's a decent bet to be a very good RD in the top-4.

Lambert would probably be next and I think I might be a bit low on him due to some "anchor bias" that keeps him a bit lower. He had a very impressive rookie AHL season. He just doesn't yet have ideal pro size and strength for an NHL C, but I really like his development.

I'm still very high on McGroarty. I think he'll be a strong NHLer who can complement skilled linemates with smarts and puck skills. I hope that Barlow can develop into that role if McGroarty is on his way out.

I think Frei has to be added to the poll very soon.
I am kind of schocked by the vote actually...Brad Lambert puts up 26 points in 17 games in the WHL playoffs, on a championship team, at same age. Mc Groarty put up 8 more points in the WJC last year, and +11 differential between him and Salomonsson. Salomonsson SEL stats aren't that different from Simon Lundmark's, there has to be something here that I don't see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00