2024 prospect poll #1 - run-off

Who is the Jets #1 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Salo is a great prospect that we desperately need. But I also think people are over rating him as well. McG is my next vote.
I voted Lambert because he was damn impressive last year and I think he can eventually be a second line player for us.

Reactions: RabidOne

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like Lambert is getting most of the Rutger votes from the initial polling.

I find myself leaning that way as well, Lambert has a super high ceiling and is trending the right way with the right attitude.

Reactions: Buffdog

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Salo is a great prospect that we desperately need. But I also think people are over rating him as well. McG is my next vote.
I voted Lambert because he was damn impressive last year and I think he can eventually be a second line player for us.
Why do you think some are overrating Salomonsson? Personally, I don't think he's an elite prospect, but I don't think that Lambert or McGroarty are at that level, either. I just think that based on future NHL role and level, Salomonsson seems a bit more likely to hit it in a high-value position (i.e. top-4 RHD). Lambert might make it as a 2C, but I think that on balance Salomonsson is a bit more likely to hit as an impact NHLer, all things considered. I really like McGroarty too, but I think his ceiling is a complementary LW on a line with other good players.

My assessment is based on watching a lot of his SHL games last season and on the steep trajectory of his development since being drafted. It's very unusual for a 19 year old D to play such a dominant role on a top team in the Swedish Elite League. I just think that with his performance in a top pro league, his age and his tools he has a very good chance of becoming a core RHD at the NHL level.

I think it's close with Lambert and McGroarty, though. Both are good prospects that have enhanced their status since being drafted.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
I have had lambert as no. 1 the past year. Reminds me of connor playing in the A while laine stepped in as the big name. I thought connor would be the one to go further.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Why do you think some are overrating Salomonsson? Personally, I don't think he's an elite prospect, but I don't think that Lambert or McGroarty are at that level, either. I just think that based on future NHL role and level, Salomonsson seems a bit more likely to hit it in a high-value position (i.e. top-4 RHD). Lambert might make it as a 2C, but I think that on balance Salomonsson is a bit more likely to hit as an impact NHLer, all things considered. I really like McGroarty too, but I think his ceiling is a complementary LW on a line with other good players.

My assessment is based on watching a lot of his SHL games last season and on the steep trajectory of his development since being drafted. It's very unusual for a 19 year old D to play such a dominant role on a top team in the Swedish Elite League. I just think that with his performance in a top pro league, his age and his tools he has a very good chance of becoming a core RHD at the NHL level.

I think it's close with Lambert and McGroarty, though. Both are good prospects that have enhanced their status since being drafted.
You make very good points. I’d like to see him translate that to the AHL and NHL. I like him a lot, just want to see a bit more. I saw lots of Lambert last year and it solidified my excitement on draft day. I think McG is nhl ready and he brings some real different intangibles which the jets need (I understand he may be gone).

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
I think Salomonsson is really going to open some eyes this year. I don't think he's ready yet but I also wouldn't be shocked if he came in and blew the doors off stealing a roster spot. I think he's the perfect partner for Samberg

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00