2024 preseason (camp, media stuff)

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I'll be ecstatic if Celebrini is a 1B and Smith is a 2B by season's end.
Also in case that Smith doesn't pan out as a center in NHL, he will solve the 1RW problem right away. Or could be used like Tkachuk in Florida as 2nd line best player as winger.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Also in case that Smith doesn't pan out as a center in NHL, he will solve the 1RW problem right away. Or could be used like Tkachuk in Florida as 2nd line best player as winger.
I think Smith is very much a C the way he plays just not in the D zone which in reality in the NHL is different as the first man back plays the “C” position down low in the D zone.

Smith also doesn’t fit next to Celebrini because Smith like Jumbo likes to slow the game down and make outstanding passes whereas Celebrini plays with a lot of pace. It’s one of the things I like most about those two as the 1 and 2 C’s. They play so different that a single defensive structure can’t shut them down.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I really like that Granlund seems to be mentoring Smith too. He’s a mensch — if we can’t get a high pick for him this trade deadline I’d honestly re-sign him as a vet to keep helping the kids along. For all the talk about Kunin and Ferraro, I see Granlund as having the biggest role in helping guys like Eklund and Zetterlund along. He’s obviously the perfect guy to mentor Smith too.

I think Smith is very much a C the way he plays just not in the D zone which in reality in the NHL is different as the first man back plays the “C” position down low in the D zone.

Smith also doesn’t fit next to Celebrini because Smith like Jumbo likes to slow the game down and make outstanding passes whereas Celebrini plays with a lot of pace. It’s one of the things I like most about those two as the 1 and 2 C’s. They play so different that a single defensive structure can’t shut them down.

My hope is one of Musty, Cherynshov, Guschin or Haltunnen eventually becomes Smith’s Cheechoo.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I don't particularly love the way Smith plays D. Like I think of defense requiring very active pressure on the puck carrier. But I do like that he positions himself high when there's a scrum to pick off loose pucks to get it out of the zone.

I'm really interested to see how the change up in styles between him and Mack affect the game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I really like that Granlund seems to be mentoring Smith too. He’s a mensch — if we can’t get a high pick for him this trade deadline I’d honestly re-sign him as a vet to keep helping the kids along. For all the talk about Kunin and Ferraro, I see Granlund as having the biggest role in helping guys like Eklund and Zetterlund along. He’s obviously the perfect guy to mentor Smith too.

My hope is one of Musty, Cherynshov, Guschin or Haltunnen eventually becomes Smith’s Cheechoo.
Musty’s game is a great complement to Smith. Those two with Zetterlund would be a great line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad