2024 preseason (camp, media stuff)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I don’t know, man, I feel like Musty is really gunning for a spot…
There is a feeling with Musty that he is a player you just can't leave out of the group. 3rd line LW spot is there for free if he manages to push someone out. Even 2nd line if he really pushes to the limits.

Reactions: Jargon

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There is a feeling with Musty that he is a player you just can't leave out of the group. 3rd line LW spot is there for free if he manages to push someone out. Even 2nd line if he really pushes to the limits.
If the 2nd and 3rd lines are initially there for the purposes of developing Celebrini and Smith in their rookie campaigns, it's going to be a real tall mountain to climb to force them to have Musty on one of their wings. As much as I'd like Musty to earn a spot, next year seems like a much more convenient thing for the team to allow to happen. Get the two foundational centers their rookie year experience then move them around the lineup as needed so that someone like Musty can be a rookie on the wing of a depth line. We'll see.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I still hold that I think Musty has a shot of breaking camp as forward 13/14, getting 9 sporadic games, 15 AHL for conditioning, WJCs, traded from Sudbury to finish out Juniors (Jux's theory), and next year he's on the big club.

If he forces his way onto the roster full time, it's an amazing sign, because there are 6 capable bottom 6 forwards and 2 more middle 6 in front of him that he'd need to prove he's better than at least 1 and maybe more of them, given waiver ineligibility.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I still hold that I think Musty has a shot of breaking camp as forward 13/14, getting 9 sporadic games, 15 AHL for conditioning, WJCs, traded from Sudbury to finish out Juniors (Jux's theory), and next year he's on the big club.

If he forces his way onto the roster full time, it's an amazing sign, because there are 6 capable bottom 6 forwards and 2 more middle 6 in front of him that he'd need to prove he's better than at least 1 and maybe more of them, given waiver ineligibility.

I do love this plan and I hope they do it. The kid seems to be laser focused on making it from every video and interview I see.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

I'm not really sure what we grounds we'd have for an AHL conditioning stint, but those conditioning loans also max out at two weeks.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm not really sure what we grounds we'd have for an AHL conditioning stint, but those conditioning loans also max out at two weeks.
Normal conditioning stints just needs the players consent to be allowed and it can't be used in a way to avoid waivers. The player also would count against the cap and 23 man roster while in the AHL and also paid his NHL salary.

So he could play 5-6 games, sent to the AHL for the 14 day period, come back to the NHL for another 3-4 games and then either sent to the world jrs or back to his CHL club.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Normal conditioning stints just needs the players consent to be allowed and it can't be used in a way to avoid waivers. The player also would count against the cap and 23 man roster while in the AHL and also paid his NHL salary.

So he could play 5-6 games, sent to the AHL for the 14 day period, come back to the NHL for another 3-4 games and then either sent to the world jrs or back to his CHL club.

So kind of. There also needs to be a period of inactivity before he's sent down for conditioning, i.e. he'd have to sit for a couple weeks or have an injury. You can't just send people down for conditioning just for the hell of it, there needs to be an actual reason for it. It'd be more like play him for a few NHL games, sit him for a couple weeks, send him down for conditioning (2 weeks, so 4 or 5 AHL games), then bring him back up for the rest of the 9 games.

It's doable, the Kings did that exact thing with Brandt Clarke a couple seasons ago.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So kind of. There also needs to be a period of inactivity before he's sent down for conditioning, i.e. he'd have to sit for a couple weeks or have an injury. You can't just send people down for conditioning just for the hell of it, there needs to be an actual reason for it. It'd be more like play him for a few NHL games, sit him for a couple weeks, send him down for conditioning (2 weeks, so 4 or 5 AHL games), then bring him back up for the rest of the 9 games.

It's doable, the Kings did that exact thing with Brandt Clarke a couple seasons ago.
Kraken did something similar with Shane Wright too.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

Camp time, y'all.

Only name on the roster I haven't seen before is Ivan Lodnia, but there's a Warsofsky connection there (21-22 Chicago Wolves)

Jersey numbers for newcomers finally confirmed:

4 - Ceci
21 - Wennberg
23 - Goodrow
53 - Dellandrea
73 - Toffoli
91 - Grundstrom
96 - Walman

Changes by rookies to accommodate:

6 - Dickinson (was wearing 4)
18 - Bystedt (was wearing 21)

Reactions: Sandisfan