Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Sox finish .500

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
At least the kids don't go hungry.

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: BMC

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So the Royals won yesterday to finish one game up on Mariners but they already clinched even though they split the season series 3-3. So how did they clinch before yesterday?

I also want more chaos. I think it's bullshit to have this wonderful doubleheader final day but then if the games are split the DBacks are eliminated. No. Give me a one game playoff between DBacks and Mets/Braves if games are split. If you want to avoid the chaos win more games.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
So the Royals won yesterday to finish one game up on Mariners but they already clinched even though they split the season series 3-3. So how did they clinch before yesterday?

I also want more chaos. I think it's bullshit to have this wonderful doubleheader final day but then if the games are split the DBacks are eliminated. No. Give me a one game playoff between DBacks and Mets/Braves if games are split. If you want to avoid the chaos win more games.

1. If the season series is split, I think the next tie-breaker is record within division by each team.

2. True, too bad the league changed that. The teams - in this case the DBacks - absolutely deserve an elimination game. Going out with the same record by some tie-breaker is a bad look. I'd only do that if it was seeding related, not in or out.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
1. If the season series is split, I think the next tie-breaker is record within division by each team.

2. True, too bad the league changed that. The teams - in this case the DBacks - absolutely deserve an elimination game. Going out with the same record by some tie-breaker is a bad look. I'd only do that if it was seeding related, not in or out.
Good lord if that is the tiebreaker that is complete BS. One division has the White Sox. The other does not.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know I'm oversimplifying to a degree ---- but like offensive line should have been for the Patriots in the off season -- pitching, pitching, pitching should be the priority for the Red Sox this offseason.

If your OL is good in football -- your team is very, very likely to be good.

Same with pitching in baseball.

Even if they ran back the same exact lineup (which they won't) -- if they improve the pitching staff by 20%, they're probably in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad