Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Sox finish .500 - MLB legend Pete Rose has died at the age of 83

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
For what it's worth, the Red Sox currently have a projected 2025 payroll of roughly $176 million. This number does not include new deals for any of their free agents (O'Neill, Jansen, Martin, etc.), but does include projected arbitration awards for Duran, Houck, and Crawford.

That puts them about $65 million under the first CBT threshold.
Which is despicable for one of the highest grossing teams with one of the highest ticket prices.

Reactions: shoulders7

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I have no dog in the fight this season, but I think the 3-game series should be replaced with 5-game series.

Baltimore and Houston may still have lost but 2 wins just seems a little too light, IMO.

I'd love the Sox to move Masa for bullpen help and sign Bregman to play third, moving Devers to full time DH.

Duran
Bregman
Devers
Casas

Is a legit top 4.

Bregman mashes at Fenway --- .375 with an ops over 1.20

• Love
Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
For what it's worth, the Red Sox currently have a projected 2025 payroll of roughly $176 million. This number does not include new deals for any of their free agents (O'Neill, Jansen, Martin, etc.), but does include projected arbitration awards for Duran, Houck, and Crawford.

That puts them about $65 million under the first CBT threshold.
Yay for John Henry

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I have no dog in the fight this season, but I think the 3-game series should be replaced with 5-game series.

Baltimore and Houston may still have lost but 2 wins just seems a little too light, IMO.

I'd love the Sox to move Masa for bullpen help and sign Bregman to play third, moving Devers to full time DH.

Duran
Bregman
Devers
Casas

Is a legit top 4.

Bregman mashes at Fenway --- .375 with an ops over 1.20

Four teams already have to sit for a week, so I don't think they want to add 3 more days to that. I don't disagree that 2 wins seems too light, and that's why we'll probably see 8 teams make the playoffs in the near future.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The Orioles and Astros losing takes a lot of juice out of the playoffs for me. Was hoping the Yankees would have to go through both and now it's neither.

I also hate the best of 3. Give me the one game playoffs or a best of 5 where both markets get a home game. Figure out the timing because this format blows.
I disagree. I like the 6 team playoffs and I like the format too. I wouldn't change it but I get your point of view. I think the owners would have been more than fine with a 5 game series in the Wild Card round. I think the Players Association kiboshed that...

What I like about this year's playoffs is how wide open it is. I think any team still in the race has a legitimate shot to win it. There isn't a single team this year with more than 100 wins and there's only a gap of 9 wins from the #1 record to the #12.

I actually think the Royals have a legit shot to win the AL. I love their pitching depth and I'm thinking about putting a little money on them to win the Yankee series.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
5 game Wild Card series would be cool but that has the side effects of leaving the top seeds sitting around getting rusty for a full 7 or 8 days, which is even less fair than the low seeds having to win a 2 out of 3 series.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I disagree. I like the 6 team playoffs and I like the format too. I wouldn't change it but I get your point of view. I think the owners would have been more than fine with a 5 game series in the Wild Card round. I think the Players Association kiboshed that...

What I like about this year's playoffs is how wide open it is. I think any team still in the race has a legitimate shot to win it. There isn't a single team this year with more than 100 wins and there's only a gap of 9 wins from the #1 record to the #12.

I actually think the Royals have a legit shot to win the AL. I love their pitching depth and I'm thinking about putting a little money on them to win the Yankee series.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm a huge hypocrite because the first time the Sox took a 2-1 lead in a best of five preliminary series and lost 3-2 -- I'd be bitching about how it should go back to 2 out of 3.

Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad