Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Sox finish .500 - MLB legend Pete Rose has died at the age of 83

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
DBacks hosed. If these games were played when they were scheduled to be played rather than a forced DH maybe different results. I know weather is out of MLBs control but there should be a one game playoff between DBacks and Mets/Braves.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
DBacks hosed. If these games were played when they were scheduled to be played rather than a forced DH maybe different results. I know weather is out of MLBs control but there should be a one game playoff between DBacks and Mets/Braves.
That'd be fun but with the new format there's just no wiggle room in the schedule. Not many people crying for the 7th best record in the NL missing out.

If they wanted to get in they could've gone better than 2-5 in their final 7 games.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That'd be fun but with the new format there's just no wiggle room in the schedule. Not many people crying for the 7th best record in the NL missing out.

If they wanted to get in they could've gone better than 2-5 in their final 7 games.
A little deceiving to call it 7th best record when three teams all finished with same record. File this under me not liking the fact MLB did away with the one game wild card round and now when there's a chance for a one game playoff to decide last team in we don't get that either. MLB ruined a good thing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Was never wishing an injury on him this year, but this is why I literally did not care what he did all season. It did not matter how good he was pitching because when October (at the latest) rolls around this is what happens.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I remember when Pete Rose was on the cover of Time, when that meant something. Hall of Fame induction or not, his passing and his on-field career remind me that baseball isn't what it was in the 70's. Remember what a big deal his hitting streak was in 1978? I even remember the pitcher who ended it: Gene Garber.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
So now that the field is set, who is everybody rooting for and why is it Milwaukee?
1. I was born there.
2. Uecker is the best.
3. It would be awesome to see LA lose to the smallest market team in MLB.
4. If you're not from Philly and you cheer for a Philly team, you are fundamentally a bad person.
5. Jackson Churio is one of the most exciting young players in the league.
6. There are no stars on that club. But there aren't any weak spots either, except for starting pitching.

All that said, there's no f'ing way they win it all......

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad