Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Sox finish .500 - Luis Tiant has died at the age of 83

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Xander dropped off the earth when he left the Sox. I just checked his stats since he left- woof. He had a HOF career going here, kinda like the great Freddy Lynn.

Reactions: rfournier103

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Good the Sox locked up Cora if the Dodgers exit the playoffs this week.

I just hope its not a subway WS. That would be insufferable
I could not handle being a Dodgers fan. In some bizarre way my frustration would match what I feel watching the Red Sox flounder. To be the best team in baseball every year and only have a COVID title to show for it...that is such an empty, hollow existence as a sports fan. Nobody cares that you win 95 games a year when you have a star studded team and always lose in the playoffs.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

1728508767193.gif

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yuck

his defense at SS fell off a cliff this year and we have Mayer/Campbell in AAA that can play the position for peanuts, in addition to story who isn’t making peanuts but has plenty of deal left and is a much better defender
Yes, Willy had a down year defensively and Story was a better defender this season, in the 20 odd games Story actually played.

In the 2 previous seasons in Milwaukee, Adames was much better and it isn't even that close.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

To me, the bigger question is: Why is San Diego is running Cease out there again on 3 days rest? That makes absolutely no sense to me when you are up 2-1. I'd have saved him for Game 5.

If the Dodgers don't win this series (and I don't think they will) heads are gonna roll. Coaching Staff..Front Office..everybody. Its gonna be a bloodbath.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Clarke Schmidt vs Seth Lugo tonight in Kansas City and yet somehow the Yankees are favored on the money line?

I'm jumping on that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes, Willy had a down year defensively and Story was a better defender this season, in the 20 odd games Story actually played.

In the 2 previous seasons in Milwaukee, Adames was much better and it isn't even that close.
Yeah he actually played. Story actually graded out better than Adames defensively in 2023 too but again, Adames played far more and hit better

Still have no interest in moving Casas for a guy with declining defense at the position when we have 2 top 25 prospects (some would say 2 top 10) that play the same position and don’t make any money and don’t need contracts any time soon. Would much rather move him for a pitcher (or not move him at all)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad