GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If Colorado wins again with this type of goaltending....

2023-24Colorado AvalancheNHL63243638182023.003818515880.897
2023-24pColorado AvalancheNHL60036817002.784101450.895
I'll say it again, Kuemper was not a good goalie. He was carried by an absolute wagon of a team. We were up against a younger, faster, hungrier team that year. That 3peat would have cemented us as a dynasty. That's why the cup is so damn hard to win once, let alone 3 in a row 😞

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bruins and Canucks are the weakest teams left imo. When they get knocked out by the Panthers and Oilers I could see anyone winning the cup.

Canucks are far deeper than the Oilers, don't see them losing even with a random backup in net. Oilers are almost as bad a the Leafs, they fail to address the same things year in and out.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Cody Ceci vs Ian Cole in a good battle of how can I hurt my own team more
Both are an upgrade to anyone on our defense from last year outside of Hedman and Sergachev. Ceci was about equal to Cernak's season and playoff series. I don't want Ceci because of his contract, but Cole on the cheap would be an upgrade for the bottom 4 defense.

Reactions: DaBolts

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Proof you don’t need a $9.5M goalie!
It brings the million dollar question was it the goalie, the defense, or a combination of both when we almost won three cups in a row? I think VAsi is a good goalie, but looked better with the cup defenses in front of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rschmitz

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Both are an upgrade to anyone on our defense from last year outside of Hedman and Sergachev. Ceci was about equal to Cernak's season and playoff series. I don't want Ceci because of his contract, but Cole on the cheap would be an upgrade for the bottom 4 defense.
Cole's a hell of a lot better than DeHaan.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good old DeAngelo takes a stupid penalty in the 3rd period down 2-1 in a must win game. Never change

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The Hurricanes have to be the most under the radar chokers in the league. They can never pull through when it actually matters.
They're lucky the Leafs are bigger chokers. And that Raleigh is a small market that the Canadian and (Northeast) US hockey media don't care much about. This feels even worse than the Sharks chokes from the 2000s and 2010s

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I think the Rangers are completely legit, we definitely wouldn't have had an easy time with them and there's a very good chance they beat us in the opening round.

But this series with Carolina is reminding me once again that we would've been so much better off had we been able to slide to the Metro instead of facing our worst 1st round matchup. Carolina has always been a fraud in the playoffs, I can pull up posts I've written here over the years saying how little I believed in Carolina. They've gotten some pillow soft matchups with the Islanders and it makes them look better than they are.

Really happy that the Rangers are putting them to the sword.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I'll say it again, Kuemper was not a good goalie. He was carried by an absolute wagon of a team. We were up against a younger, faster, hungrier team that year. That 3peat would have cemented us as a dynasty. That's why the cup is so damn hard to win once, let alone 3 in a row 😞

In 2020 and 2021, my 2nd favorite day from each of those postseasons was the day Colorado got eliminated. I knew at that moment we were the undisputed favorites to win the Cup, which of course we went on to do. Colorado was a problematic matchup long before we finally had to play them in 2022, and even in that series it ended up being swung entirely on special teams. Their power play clicked, ours didn't, we actually outscored them at 5v5 but it wasn't enough. (I really don't focus on the Point angle because they also had important players either out of the lineup or playing through critical injuries; by that stage of the playoffs, that's just the way things are.)

But I've always been at peace with at one though only because I can live with a better team simply being better. Even the two games we lost in OT were games where we were 2nd best, it's only with some hindsight (esp. last year vs. Toronto) where I feel a little more bitter about losing in OT, seeing games where we were better in OT or during the game in general and left with nothing to show for it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think the Rangers are completely legit, we definitely wouldn't have had an easy time with them and there's a very good chance they beat us in the opening round.

But this series with Carolina is reminding me once again that we would've been so much better off had we been able to slide to the Metro instead of facing our worst 1st round matchup. Carolina has always been a fraud in the playoffs, I can pull up posts I've written here over the years saying how little I believed in Carolina. They've gotten some pillow soft matchups with the Islanders and it makes them look better than they are.

Really happy that the Rangers are putting them to the sword.
Our farm team has finally developed into a legit contender.

They are probably the clear cut favorite and most balanced team. If they don't win, it would feel like a missed opportunity for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad