Olympics: 2024 Olympics - Opening Ceremony - 1:30 PM Eastern

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
A biologically determined male is competing in a women’s fighting competition.

Tell me what’s stable about that. If you or I signed up to fight in the ladies division, I’d expect either of us to be declared mentally unstable.

She is a female and was born a female. She's never been a male and will never be a male. She's not trans and has been a a girl/woman since the day of her birth.

Banning her because she has naturally high testosterone is like banning Victor Webmanyama because he is naturally taller than everyone else.

How is this fair?

wembanyama-getting-pushed-around-by-japan-today-v0-4efrflaahqfd1.jpeg

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
She is a female and was born a female. She's never been a male and will never be a male. She's not trans and has been a a girl/woman since the day of her birth.

Banning her because she has naturally high testosterone is like banning Victor Webmanyama because he is naturally taller than everyone else.

How is this fair?

Biologically male, raised female due to a rare medical condition, she and another competitor are banned from competing in international boxing championships due to failing gender tests (not a testosterone test), they could have appealed to CAS but didn't.

The IOC have failed in their duty of care to the athletes involved here by ignoring boxings governing body and allowing these 2 to compete.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

How is this fair?

IBA statement: Who is Imane Khelif? Exploring controversy surrounding her alleged failed XY chromosome test after being given Olympic clearance

“Based on DNA tests, we identified a number of athletes who tried to trick their colleagues into posing as women.”
I'm sure you know the details intimately about the real ailments this person has.

I'll go with the IBA that says the DNA test came back as this person being male.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
IBA statement: Who is Imane Khelif? Exploring controversy surrounding her alleged failed XY chromosome test after being given Olympic clearance

I'm sure you know the details intimately about the real ailments this person has.

I'll go with the IBA that says the DNA test came back as this person being male.

The IBA is more corrupt than the IOC.

The US, Finland, Sweden and many other freedom loving countries boycotted the last tournament run by the IBA because of corruption.

The IBA allows Russians, Belorussians and others whose nations are banned from the Olympics because of corruption. That is why the Olympics banned the IBA.

The President of the IBA is a Russian who cannot be trusted like the rest of the Russians.

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone followed this situation? Opinions?

Watching a dude beat up a woman in Olympic boxing is sad and just disrespectful to the women that trained all their lives for this moment. It proves they don't truly care about the safety of these women athletes.

On a positive note Gojira wins the Olympic games with that unreal performance....

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The IBA is more corrupt than the IOC.

The US, Finland, Sweden and many other freedom loving countries boycotted the last tournament run by the IBA because of corruption.

The IBA allows Russians, Belorussians and others whose nations are banned from the Olympics because of corruption. That is why the Olympics banned the IBA.

The President of the IBA is a Russian who cannot be trusted like the rest of the Russians.
I don't trust the IBA or IOC, but I really don't see how the "they allow Russians" argument has anything to do with whether or not this person had a DNA test that came up as male.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Clearly the person has male DNA and characteristics. I would guess they have a rare genetic disorder causing them to be somewhat 'intersex'.

Clear as day in facial build and structure and body frame when you compare to the other women fighting.

Even if they weren't born a binary male and transitioned, I think it's too much of an advantage and they should have been banned

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Clearly the person has male DNA and characteristics. I would guess they have a rare genetic disorder causing them to be somewhat 'intersex'.

Clear as day in facial build and structure and body frame when you compare to the other women fighting.

Even if they weren't born a binary male and transitioned, I think it's too much of an advantage and they should have been banned
I think this is one of the key issues.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Whether trans or not, that’s insane. This person was declared a man by a DNA test and you’re letting him fight a woman? Something isn’t right.

It’s not fair or equitable to let someone who clearly isn’t mentally stable to hurt in a brutal combat sport someone born physically inferior. IOC is playing games to appear as an ally or something. You cannot be allowed to pick which sex you compete against. Go by the DNA. That’s it.
Your takes over this and the opening ceremony are, unfortunately, predictable for the poster.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
More of an advantage than this is?

Sorry but what point are you trying to make here? There's no dispute about anyone's gender in this picture. We know some men are taller than others, and that is an undisputed natural advantage you concede in sport, yes, unlike sex differences.

When you get into realm of women's sports and particularly fighting, if you have a person who is physically part male, that can really be an unfair and even dangerous advantage to the point where many feel they shouldn't be qualified.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Watching a dude beat up a woman in Olympic boxing is sad and just disrespectful to the women that trained all their lives for this moment. It proves they don't truly care about the safety of these women athletes.

On a positive note Gojira wins the Olympic games with that unreal performance....
Gojira and the scenery are the only good things about this Olympiad

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Gojira and the scenery are the only good things about this Olympiad
My wife and I are big Gojira fans and have seen them live four times. I had no idea they were playing the ceremony and was pleasantly surprised to see them. Such a great band.....

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sorry but what point are you trying to make here? There's no dispute about anyone's gender in this picture. We know some men are taller than others, and that is an undisputed advantage in sport, yes, unlike sex differences.

When you get into realm of women's sports and particularly fighting, if you have a person who is physically part male, that can really be an unfair and even dangerous advantage to the point where many feel they shouldn't be qualified.

She is a woman, she ovulates and can get pregnant.

All these men wanting to control women and their uterus'.........white knights riding in to save the poor women.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
She is a woman, she ovulates and can get pregnant.

All these men wanting to control women and their uterus'.........white knights riding in to save the poor women.
Really, are you sure about any of that? How do you know about any of that?

Anyway, I'm not sure why that matters.

The real crux of the issue is whether this fighter has an advantage with fighting. That's going to be a matter of height, weight, strength, force, endurance, all types of physical and athletic measures that connote an advantage in fighting.

Gender, being able to ovulate, or being able to get pregnant are not answers to that.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Physicist here. Don't know anything about Biology. So i asked a friend who is a biologist:

"Individuals with XY DsDs are usually born with female-appearing genitalia, which can lead to being sexed as female. They typically have testes (internal), XY sex Chromosomes, Male levels of testosterone and androgen receptors. They experience physical benefits of high testosterone during puberty analogous to male puberty. May be socialized as female. May also be considered female by governments. Will likely identify as female; but biologically are men."

Won't argue this because this is beyond my scope. I study celestial bodies, not biological ones. And before it gets political, this person still has a Sanders sticker on her Subaru.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium