Olympics: 2024 Olympics - Opening Ceremony - 1:30 PM Eastern

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As pointed out below you, educate yourself before melting for no reason
Exactly. Also, an actual bishop's opinion:

First of all, he saw no mocking.

Toiseksi kristittynä ajattelen, että Kristuksen pilkkaaminen ei oikein onnistu, kun koko uskomme perustuu siihen, että Hän on pilkattu ja häväisty, heikkoudessaan vahvin, yhtäaikaisesti teurastettu Karitsa ja silti Juudan Leijona, joka valloittaa maailman pelon sijasta täydellisellä rakkaudella.

"Second, as a Christian I think that mocking Christ is unsuccessful, when our entire faith is based on Him being mocked and desecrated, strongest in his weakness, simultaneously the butchered Lamb and still the Judean Lion, who conquers the world with complete love instead of fear."

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I didn't watch it. As a religious person, it sounded weird? Sure. But I'm not going to boycott the Olympics because of it, that would be stupid. So many folks worked hard to make it, who have absolutely no control over what the opening ceremony which most people didn't watch and don't care about looked like.

France had their snap election 3 weeks ago and still do not have a government, or even any strong contenders to form a government. They have a budget deficit so large that the EU has opened a formal action against them. Less than 1% GDP growth in 2023, headed for ~1% GDP growth this year. For the first time in maybe centuries, their military is no longer widely considered a top 10 military, after a failed Operation Barkhane. Violent crime, while still being low, is increasing year over year. I don't know if they were attempting to mock christianity, but they're not really in a place to mock anyone right now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I thought it was disgusting how they mocked Christianity. It was mediocre, aside from that.
Lol, someone didn't understand again.

I didn't watch it. As a religious person, it sounded weird? Sure. But I'm not going to boycott the Olympics because of it, that would be stupid. So many folks worked hard to make it, who have absolutely no control over what the opening ceremony which most people didn't watch and don't care about looked like.

France had their snap election 3 weeks ago and still do not have a government, or even any strong contenders to form a government. They have a budget deficit so large that the EU has opened a formal action against them. Less than 1% GDP growth in 2023, headed for ~1% GDP growth this year. For the first time in maybe centuries, their military is no longer widely considered a top 10 military, after a failed Operation Barkhane. Violent crime, while still being low, is increasing year over year. I don't know if they were attempting to mock christianity, but they're not really in a place to mock anyone right now.
We can mock all the haters that couldn't connect their brains and can't admit this ceremony blew EVERY SINGLE ceremony.

So yes, we're fine :)

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One of the "drag queens" admitted they were mocking the Last Supper.
Actually didn't but you do you. The ceremony designer said it was not and I'll take his word over a performer:

But referring to the painting, Jolly insisted: “It’s not my inspiration.”

He continued: “There is Dionysus (Philippe Katerine painted in blue) who arrives on this table. He is there because he is the God of celebration in Greek mythology. The god of wine, which is one of the jewels of France.

Also a literal bishop said it didn't mock it and actually called out people for misunderstanding the whole theses of Christianity.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004

The obese person in the middle confirmed on instagram her role was "Olympic Jesus ". I don't think much more needs to be said here.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

The obese person in the middle confirmed on instagram her role was "Olympic Jesus ". I don't think much more needs to be said here.
That's just like his opinion. Besides, Dionysos was probably drunk when he said that.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Are these the same people who always talk about how easily outraged and reactionary everyone with whom they disagree is?

Reactions: Jussi and Jovavic

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Whether trans or not, that’s insane. This person was declared a man by a DNA test and you’re letting him fight a woman? Something isn’t right.

It’s not fair or equitable to let someone who clearly isn’t mentally stable to hurt in a brutal combat sport someone born physically inferior. IOC is playing games to appear as an ally or something. You cannot be allowed to pick which sex you compete against. Go by the DNA. That’s it.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It’s not fair or equitable to let someone who clearly isn’t mentally stable to hurt in a brutal combat sport someone born physically inferior. IOC is playing games to appear as an ally or something. You cannot be allowed to pick which sex you compete against. Go by the DNA. That’s it.

Mentally stable???

WTF?

Reactions: Incubajerks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad