Olympics: 2024 Olympics - Opening Ceremony - 1:30 PM Eastern

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah one sounds like Mike Tyson and has a lisp.

They really are dreadful. Just because you were an athlete does not mean you make a good commentator.
Absolutely. Also doesn't help that none of the commentators seem to have information available about the torcher bearers and what they're known for. The old crews would've had all that info ready to go so we would know who's who.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely. Also doesn't help that none of the commentators seem to have information available about the torcher bearers and what they're known for. The old crews would've had all that info ready to go so we would know who's who.

NBC isn't doing any better. it makes me wonder if they were given any info.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Good luck to LA.
This ceremony has made every opening ceremony obsolete.
Wow, incredible work by Thomas Jolly.
All the symbols were there like a big fat finger towards Macron and his buddies, as well as the racists of our country.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't get the hot air balloon thing.......is it just going to levitate over Paris for 17 days? What obvious thing am I missing here?

nothing. it is. they didn't want to put it in the stadium they wanted to make it accessible. which okay. it's very unique-ish. i like it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't get the hot air balloon thing.......is it just going to levitate over Paris for 17 days? What obvious thing am I missing here?

The French brothers Joseph-Michel and Jacques-Étienne Montgolfier developed a hot-air balloon in Annonay, Ardèche, France, and demonstrated it publicly on September 19, 1783, making an unmanned flight lasting 10 minutes. After experimenting with unmanned balloons and flights with animals, the first balloon flight with humans aboard, a tethered flight, performed on or around October 15, 1783, by Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier, who made at least one tethered flight from the yard of the Reveillon workshop in the Faubourg Saint-Antoine. Later that same day, Pilatre de Rozier became the second human to ascend into the air, reaching an altitude of 26 m (85 ft), the length of the tether.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
NBC isn't doing any better. it makes me wonder if they were given any info.
BBC crew had all the info ready to go. Named every athlete and what they're known for as they were passed the torch. Really need Ron MacLean here. He would've gotten it all right.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad