OT: 2024 Olympics: Member when they were amateurs?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just catching up on the last supper discourse.

Did Jesus have a problem with drag queens? I missed that lesson in Catholic school.

If you ask enough people, you'll find out that Jesus apparently has a problem with everyone except white heterosexual virgins. Everyone else is an abomination that is going straight to hell.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If you ask enough people, you'll find out that Jesus apparently has a problem with everyone except white heterosexual virgins. Everyone else is an abomination that is going straight to hell.
Yes it always makes me smile when everyone shows this picture as what the Last Supper absolutely was:

Screenshot_2023-07-12_180740.jpg

As if a group of natives from a region on the Mediterranean Sea in a country currently bordered by Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt would exclusively consist of only 13 pasty white people.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
While he probably wouldn't be as frowny-face towards them as many might think, I'm sure he'd be astonished at how utterly pervasive they have become in recent years and wonder what that was all about.

Well, until recently, acceptance towards the LGBTQ+ community was on the rise. Thus, you were seeing more drag queens because they became more comfortable being that person out in public.

Reactions: SlavinAway

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Well, until recently, acceptance towards the LGBTQ+ community was on the rise. Thus, you were seeing more drag queens because they became more comfortable being that person out in public.
I really doubt there were legions of drag queens over the decades just lurking under the surface- waiting with baited breath to finally be free and suddenly appear at public libraries, schools, the White House, the Olympics, etc.

Seems more likely a deliberate agenda to center and normalize. And then of course gaslight everybody about it.

While at the same time having the audacity to have all the NPCs say over and over again that a veteran in a suit is "weird"

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I really doubt there were legions of drag queens over the decades just lurking under the surface- waiting with baited breath to finally be free and suddenly appear at public libraries, schools, the White House, the Olympics, etc.

Seems more likely a deliberate agenda to center and normalize. And then of course gaslight everybody about it.

While at the same time having the audacity to have all the NPCs say over and over again that a veteran in a suit is "weird"

I'm pretty sure drag has been around for a lot longer than you seem to believe it is

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
US women's rugby just won bronze right at the end
I was watching them play against New Zealand this AM at Sports Clips. Those are some tough broads, much respect.

I'm pretty sure drag has been around for a lot longer than you seem to believe it is
Nobody ever said it hasn't been around a long time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I thought for sure I had Kareem, I think Bill Russell is the most over looked though lol.
The problem is the era.
1) Most people weren't alive when he played.
2) He played when there were what, 9-10 NBA teams? Not to mention the training that guys go through now. There were no Jordans, Magic, Kobe, etc...

That's not to say that if Bill Russell played today, he wouldn't have the same advantages of training, nutrition, immersion into Basketball, etc.. that these stars did and wouldn't be just as dominant though, but it leads people to over look guys for those eras.

As much as I hated Bird back then, the guy was a freak. Probably the most mentally strong player I've ever seen, including Jordan.

Reactions: Bub and DaveG

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The problem is the era.
1) Most people weren't alive when he played.
2) He played when there were what, 9-10 NBA teams? Not to mention the training that guys go through now. There were no Jordans, Magic, Kobe, etc...

That's not to say that if Bill Russell played today, he wouldn't have the same advantages of training, nutrition, immersion into Basketball, etc.. that these stars did and wouldn't be just as dominant though, but it leads people to over look guys for those eras.

As much as I hated Bird back then, the guy was a freak. Probably the most mentally strong player I've ever seen, including Jordan.
Bird would mentally destroy players today. I've watched interviews of people who played against him, talking about how he would complain to opposing coaches for putting white guys on him to guard him. He would go into the 3pt competition ask whose coming in 2nd, then drop every bucket.

He was one of a kind.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Watching the replay tonight, it's legitimately insane that Biles can jump that high. I know the floor acts like a trampoline, but she's 4'8 able to reach 12' on her floor routine. Damn!
Yeah, that first combo she did was mind blowing.

Reactions: DaveG

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Watching the replay tonight, it's legitimately insane that Biles can jump that high. I know the floor acts like a trampoline, but she's 4'8 able to reach 12' on her floor routine. Damn!

Upside down, lol.

At our poker game the other night I noted that Biles could well be the most athletically gifted out of everyone competing at the Olympics. What she does is freaking amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad