Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I'm going to try to go to the scrimmage thing tomorrow morning.

I dunno about an overcorrection, I think it's just a correction back to what was the expected level before Hak threw a knee shaped wrench into the machine.

The deficiencies are being rectified in the off-season. It's Nill's job to do so.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I'm going to try to go to the scrimmage thing tomorrow morning.

I dunno about an overcorrection, I think it's just a correction back to what was the expected level before Hak threw a knee shaped wrench into the machine.

The deficiencies are being rectified in the off-season. It's Nill's job to do so.
kinda wild they're playing a scrimmage on july 4th. i guess a lot of the roster isn't american so they don't care, but hell, it's time to grill and swim and drink, not work.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I feel like Dallas is moving away from traditional pairings as we know them

It'll be more of a minutes distribution

Heiskanen - 25 min
Harley - 23 min
Lindell - 21 min
Dumba - 19 min
Lybushkin - 17 min
Smith/Lundkvist - 15 min

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Was it just for forwards or also D where they mentioned wanting every player to be able to play either PP or PK.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Was it just for forwards or also D where they mentioned wanting every player to be able to play either PP or PK.
You don't sign Ilya Lyubushkin with delusions he could play on the PP, or well in general. Same with Dumba. That belief has to be forwards only

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
You don't sign Ilya Lyubushkin with delusions he could play on the PP, or well in general. Same with Dumba. That belief has to be forwards only
Yeah I just don't get the Dumba/Lybushkin signings unless they were their like plan d/e options and they think they can do some sort of reclamation for them by pairing them with Heiskanen and Harley or something, but just seems like they will be anchors that will need to be sorted out mid season

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Yeah I just don't get the Dumba/Lybushkin signings unless they were their like plan d/e options and they think they can do some sort of reclamation for them by pairing them with Heiskanen and Harley or something, but just seems like they will be anchors that will need to be sorted out mid season
Lybushkin played well with Morgan Reilly. Let’s wait and see

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
kinda wild they're playing a scrimmage on july 4th. i guess a lot of the roster isn't american so they don't care, but hell, it's time to grill and swim and drink, not work.
arno.jpg

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Super curious to see what the forward lines will start out

1st - Love Pavelski, but he was clearly dragging down their impact numbers this past season so hoping for a jump in play from the big 2. Johnston, Stankoven, Bourque, Dadonov, Seguin all options to play with Robo & Hintz.

2nd - In my mind Johnston should be carrying the second line to break matchups instead of being the 1st line RW, but if they have him with line 1 maybe you have Benn Stankoven and Bourque or Dadonov together.

3rd - Can't see them splitting up the Marchment, Seguin, Duchene trio with how they were during the regular season. Or maybe you put Bourque here and move Seguin up to the 1st line and then can always fall back on that trio if need be.

4th - Lots of possibilities for a fun offensive 4th line that you may still want to protect, but can still be relied to roll 4 lines with. Do they want Bourque at center or if they play him on the RW.

I'm predicting Back and Lind being the spare forwards and Steel/Blackwell being the 4th line mainstays.

Reactions: Kipper 17

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Camp chemistry will dictate but I think this is Day 1 assuming healthy line up..

Robertson-Hintz-Stankoven
Benn-Johnston-Borque
Marchment-Duchene-Seguin
Blumel-Steel-Dadonov
Blackwell

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I met Frozen Failure at the scrimmage today. It wasn't as good for spectators as in the past. Scrimmages were first done sideways, then the middle third of the rink, then in the regular zone. No full rink play as there had been in the past, so that was disappointing.

No one really stood out, but Hemming had a nice shootout goal, roofing it.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I guess we'll see. Gaglardi was getting $20 million per season from Bally's. My guess is the other options on the table won't hit half that number, which is why the Stars were clinging to Bally's as long as they could.
maybe so. but you're also cutting out the middle man in bally's. so you can sell time direct to advertisers, and also brag about how your content is free, which has never been the case. idk his business too well, but it shouldn't take a top tier marketing division to match that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad