Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I thought the Steel decision was obvious. I like him, but I think you gamble on a salary lower than what he'd earn in arbitration.

I did not have Nils decision on my bingo card. I don't like Nils as a player, so I'm here for it, just didn't see it coming.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Steel was pretty meh in the playoffs. Only player without a goal I believe? Probably wouldn't have been a fun arbitration.

Goodbye Nils, hope you get a real shot somewhere. Crazy we only have 3 D men right now.

Would love to get Brannstrom.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Steel was pretty meh in the playoffs. Only player without a goal I believe? Probably wouldn't have been a fun arbitration.

Goodbye Nils, hope you get a real shot somewhere. Crazy we only have 3 D men right now.

Brannstrom is Nils but smaller lol

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I wanted Sam Steel to return but Nils isn’t an NHL player
It's also good to see Nill learned from the Honka experience. Don't keep wasting a roster spot on a guy you know isn't going to play. This also tells you the rest of the league also doesn't want Lundkvist because you know Nill shopped him around.

Final trade grade: F- maybe the worst of Nill's tenure. I get what he was going for, but the scouts who signed off on this were dead wrong.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Steel had a goal and while it's not saying much out produced Pavelski in the PO, same number of points as Marchment.
1less point(a goal) than Duchene

Reactions: LT

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Regardless of how many goals Steel scored in the playoffs, I really hope he's back next year. He's good on the PK, can fill in the top 9 if needed for a short time, and was great in the regular season.

Tmw can't come fast enough, but I'm also worried we miss out on alot of players

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Regardless of how many goals Steel scored in the playoffs, I really hope he's back next year. He's good on the PK, can fill in the top 9 if needed for a short time, and was great in the regular season.

Tmw can't come fast enough, but I'm also worried we miss out on alot of players

I'm worried we sign a bunch of borderline NHL defenders instead of 1 primary target, but most likely that is what we will get so

Reactions: Magic Mittens

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Dadanov now fills the role of swing Top 9 when injuries hit. That's not a reason not to bring back Steel, but that is something they've got covered.

I'm worried we sign a bunch of borderline NHL defenders instead of 1 primary target, but most likely that is what we will get so

I have a feeling one guy they target and probably sign is Vincent Desharnais.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dadanov now fills the role of swing Top 9 when injuries hit. That's not a reason not to bring back Steel, but that is something they've got covered.

I have a feeling one guy they target and probably sign is Vincent Desharnais.

My prediction for 1 guy they target is Ilya Lyubushkin

Reactions: Hinterland

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay