• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Okay, so the first vote went about as planned. Who's the best skater in the pool?

1. Yaroslav Askarov

To be added: Reid Schaefer

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
This one is terribly difficult for me.

For the forwards: i think Svechkov, L'Heureux, and Kemell all had stellar AHL seasons.

On defense: i think Molendyk is pretty close in terms of peak value.

Ill personally give the edge to Kemell here. Scored at a similar rate to L'Heureux and Svechkov in the regular season but is a full year younger than both. Didnt step up quite as much as L'Heureux did in the playoffs but still had good production.

Honestly dont think any of them are heads over the other. I think L'Heurueux will make the NHL first but i think Kemell has the higher ceiling. I expect all to be big contributors in the future.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Going with Kemell based on upside although Molendyk could be argued there as well. Wood maybe too, although it seems like he has a lot of ground to cover

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Going with Kemell based on upside although Molendyk could be argued there as well. Wood maybe too, although it seems like he has a lot of ground to cover
I like wood as well but feel like he is more of a project than Kemell, L'Heureux, and Svechkov. He also might have a higher ceiling than them all. Im personally less convinced he actually reaches it though

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Little surprised to see Kemell getting more votes than Wood at this point. I mean Kemell has put up some good numbers in the AHL but ultimately, I am wondering about what his future in the NHL will look like. At 5-9 you should be torching the AHL in scoring and especially his goal totals already took a dip in his second year.

Now I know Wood hasn't lit the world on fire either but I'm really excited to see what he can do when surrounded by more talented linemates. He was never supposed to be the driver but rather the finisher of plays. He just seems to have that "it" factor that many don't and while that hasn't risen to the surface much at this point I am hopeful that with good development he can be a good scorer for us in the future.

I actually have Svechkov over Kemell in my books.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
At 5-9 you should be torching the AHL in scoring and especially his goal totals already took a dip in his second year.
Do 19 year olds typically torch the AHL? I thought guys his age typically are still in juniors. From a quick look the only player younger than him to score more goals in the AHL this last season was Shane Wright.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Do 19 year olds typically torch the AHL? I thought guys his age typically are still in juniors. From a quick look the only player younger than him to score more goals in the AHL this last season was Shane Wright.
97th for all fowards in points (17th for rookies)
103rd for all forwards in points (18th for rookies)

Wright is actually older (jan 2004 vs april 2004)

Per quant hockey, kemell was the 16th youngest forward in the ahl. Only 1 younger than him (adam sykora), also played a full season in the AHL. Only 6 forwards 19 or younger, played 40 or more AHL games. Kemell's production isnt that far off of the other leaders like Kulich and Wright.

Expanding the list to 20 year olds and Stankyoven is the only one id say dominated. Lysell, L'Heureux, rosen, and lambert are the next tier.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Forgot: add Schaefer
schafer is not a top 20 prospect imo

Went Kemmell. Highest ceiling.
Add Chistakov
fink or wood highest ceiling

Little surprised to see Kemell getting more votes than Wood at this point. I mean Kemell has put up some good numbers in the AHL but ultimately, I am wondering about what his future in the NHL will look like. At 5-9 you should be torching the AHL in scoring and especially his goal totals already took a dip in his second year.

Now I know Wood hasn't lit the world on fire either but I'm really excited to see what he can do when surrounded by more talented linemates. He was never supposed to be the driver but rather the finisher of plays. He just seems to have that "it" factor that many don't and while that hasn't risen to the surface much at this point I am hopeful that with good development he can be a good scorer for us in the future.

i think Kemmell if he hits tops out as a 35-30 guy

think Viktor Arviddssen in his career year with us

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Assuming they all do end up back in Milwaukee, I would be excited to see a 1st line of L'Heureux-Svechkov- Kemell all year. We had quite a lot of guys competing for top billing down there last year, first with Jankowski and Gurianov in the mix, then later with Tomasino and Parssinen going back down to essentially replace them, in addition to Afanaseyev, such that our top younger prospects weren't always the first line options. By the playoffs, however, guess which 3 players were 1-2-3 in scoring?

If they put that line together for the Ads for the coming season, I would expect some bigger numbers for all of them.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

You don't know what his focus was last season so judging by numbers isn't the best way to do it. He's a natural goal scorer, that can skate. I'm sure his focus was more on learning the system and defensive assignments. Likewise Svechkov was more of a 2 way player, his focus might have been purely offensive.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
You don't know what his focus was last season so judging by numbers isn't the best way to do it. He's a natural goal scorer, that can skate. I'm sure his focus was more on learning the system and defensive assignments. Likewise Svechkov was more of a 2 way player, his focus might have been purely offensive.
His focus should be goal scoring as that is his biggest strength. I hate our mentality of molding our best offensive talents into two-way forwards which takes away their biggest asset.

His shot and goal scoring ability is his bread and butter there is no reason why that shouldn't be his number one focus.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad