Prospect Info: 2024 Offseason Prospect Rankings #18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the best prospect?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Vote for the best prospect.

1. Tanner Molendyk (35.5%)
2. Zachary L'Heureux (53.5%)
3. Joakim Kemell (62.1%)
4. Matthew Wood (46.4%)
5. Fedor Svechkov (65.5%)
6. Yegor Surin (89.3%)
7. David Edström (33.3%)
8. Andrew Gibson (56.7%)
9. Ryan Ufko (67.6%)
10. Teddy Stiga (60.0%)
11. Aiden Fink (36.0%)
12. Reid Schaefer (34.8%)
13. Semyon Chistyakov (52.4%)
14. Kalan Lind (56.3%)
15. Felix Nilsson (63.2%)
16. Hiroki Gojsic (53.3%)
17. Ozzy Wiesblatt (26.7%)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Now we're allowed to vote for Chrona? Yay. Well, I have no idea if he'll be any good, actually, but this is basically a vote for Mitch Korn. Chrona has size, great numbers in college, and 9 NHL games under his belt as a rookie pro. And Mitch Korn to work with. I'm not sure how many guys left here are EVER going to play 9 NHL games, tbh. So him.

Reactions: herzausstein

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Wiesblatt and gojsic above kulonummi, matier, marques and gustafsson is absolutely hilarious.
Wiesblatt and Gojsic were possibly the two best newcomers at the rookie camp though? They looked good.

We haven't really seen much of Kulonummi or Gustafsson...

Kulonummi is off to a good start in Finland this year. We saw a bit of this with Nilsson, where it's easy to get foooled by a teenager with paltry stats in a men's league... Kulo had just 4 assists in 40 games last year... but has 2g/1a in the first 4games of the new season. I certainly voted for him a lot higher last year when his U20 stats were off the charts. I guess I'm still not sure where a slight/smooth-skating D who isn't a true superstar necessarily fits in the modern NHL though... put up all the points you want in Europe... where do you slot that guy in the NHL? That's kind of Fabbro? But skinnier and without the local ties?

Gustafsson is a totally different style, but I have a hunch the Nashville scouting recipe can still be trusted on D, and they picked him quite high. He has 6pts in 6games already this season in Sweden's junior league. Despite being touted as a pure defensive/shut-down guy.

I think it's totally valid to consider Kulonummi and Gustafsson. There isn't anything "hilarious" going on in these rankings at all... the really cool thing is that even down at the #15-25 spots we still have names who could emerge as legit NHLers. That's a Good Thing.
:handclap:

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
And I still think if you wanted to extend the above thinking, don't forget Dylan MacKinnon... another guy who doesn't shine on statistics alone, but got into the summer world junior showcase, and is just so good at the rest of the game outside of putting up numbers that scouts and others are aware of him. He played Hlinka and was in the Team Canada camp, I don't think he'll make the WJC but... he's a legit prospect too.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
And I still think if you wanted to extend the above thinking, don't forget Dylan MacKinnon... another guy who doesn't shine on statistics alone, but got into the summer world junior showcase, and is just so good at the rest of the game outside of putting up numbers that scouts and others are aware of him. He played Hlinka and was in the Team Canada camp, I don't think he'll make the WJC but... he's a legit prospect too.
I voted MacKinnon. He may not have the best ceiling of the guys left but with his sound overall game and solid frame I think he might have the highest floor. Even if he just ends up a 7th D or something that could very well be the best outcome of the remaining group.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad