Prospect Info: 2024 Offseason Prospect Rankings #15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the best prospect?

• Hiroki Gojsic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Viggo Gustafsson

• Joey Willis

• Kasper Kulonummi

• Dylan MacKinnon

• Austin Roest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Vote for the best prospect.
I think we could keep this party going until 20. Still time before Camp opens.

1. Tanner Molendyk (35.5%)
2. Zachary L'Heureux (53.5%)
3. Joakim Kemell (62.1%)
4. Matthew Wood (46.4%)
5. Fedor Svechkov (65.5%)
6. Yegor Surin (89.3%)
7. David Edström (33.3%)
8. Andrew Gibson (56.7%)
9. Ryan Ufko (67.6%)
10. Teddy Stiga (60.0%)
11. Aiden Fink (36.0%)
12. Reid Schaefer (34.8%)
13. Semyon Chistyakov (52.4%)
14. Kalan Lind (56.3%)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm handing it to Nilsson on the status of draft pedigree alone. Hopefully last season was just a case of him getting a little bit lost in the shuffle playing in the men's league. But he is still just turned 19 and he'll have somewhat easier competition moving down to Tier II this coming season, so should have a more prominent role. I think it's too soon to write him off (or rather, write off the Preds' scouts) after they went out of their way to pick him that high.

Reactions: Soundgarden

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Kulonummi or Matier here. Nilsson had 1 measly goal in 41 games last season in shl lol

Also we should have Muzzatti on here. 6’5” dude looking really good on a bad team.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Kulonummi or Matier here. Nilsson had 1 measly goal in 41 games last season in shl lol

Also we should have Muzzatti on here. 6’5” dude looking really good on a bad team.
18 year olds dont typically get alot of games or points in the SHL. Only 58 players got games and were 18 or younger. For perspective, Edstrom's 19 points were 2nd for that age group. Lead for that group was 21 points (9G 12A).

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
18 year olds dont typically get alot of games or points in the SHL. Only 58 players got games and were 18 or younger. For perspective, Edstrom's 19 points were 2nd for that age group. Lead for that group was 21 points (9G 12A).
I feel you. But I mean this still doesn’t look good for Nilsson… but makes edstrom look very good.
I think people are only picking Nilsson here because he was a high pick to be honest.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I feel you. But I mean this still doesn’t look good for Nilsson… but makes edstrom look very good.
I think people are only picking Nilsson here because he was a high pick to be honest.
It is quite possible they are. It is hard to evaluate the talent in the overseas leagues where we dont get to watch the games. We dont know much about their team quality or what their line deployment is like. All i can say is he got 41 games and only 12 players 18 or younger got more than 30 games. He didnt produce a ton but he was trusted enough to play which says alot.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
It is quite possible they are. It is hard to evaluate the talent in the overseas leagues where we dont get to watch the games. We dont know much about their team quality or what their line deployment is like. All i can say is he got 41 games and only 12 players 18 or younger got more than 30 games. He didnt produce a ton but he was trusted enough to play which says alot.
Exactly. And then even when you do base things to a large extent on how high he was drafted, it's not like that draft was 4 years ago. It was just a little over a year ago, and at that time the Preds scouting staff really liked him, seemingly had him ranked in the 1st round of the draft, traded up to make sure they got him. Plus his scouting reports heading in to the draft were quite good/intriguing. Frankly, if we can still rank Matthew Wood as highly as we do, why not Nilsson? Maybe their D+1 seasons don't look as great statistically as we would ideally have liked, but there are mitigating factors and they have lots of time yet to vindicate our scouts.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Nilsson has stood out at 2 rookie camps according to Preds coaches. That's enough for me.
Indeed, I would not be the least surprised if we are basically "underrating" him in these rankings, just because of his low stats output (playing as an 18-year old in a men's league). IMHO it's quite possible he really deserves at least the #10 spot in our rankings.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Indeed, I would not be the least surprised if we are basically "underrating" him in these rankings, just because of his low stats output (playing as an 18-year old in a men's league). IMHO it's quite possible he really deserves at least the #10 spot in our rankings.
His biggest strength is his hockey IQ according to most scouts and coaches. That’s probably the most important part of any player.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
His biggest strength is his hockey IQ according to most scouts and coaches. That’s probably the most important part of any player.
That's what ive read on him.

Smart on and off the puck
Isnt shy about getting into board battles
Quick feet but skating does need work
Not elite in any aspect but above average in most.

He sounds like a good possibility to become a bottom 6 player in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad