Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Yes, he "puffed up" his value, as good a reason as any to keep him.
He ain't even close to finishing "puffing up" his value too. Probably will be loyal to the club where he knows that in his next contracts he'll be willing to leave money on the table... and in the cap world that's how your team gets to the next level!

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
So you want a 100 point player on the cheap? You have a rich owner. Front load the contract so there’s more space when the home grown talent want their money.
Salary cap. I absolutely do NOT want Mitch Marner. You can’t win with Mitch Marner. He’s the opposite of a playoff player and he’s going to eat up such a huge percentage of your cap that you can’t surround him with winners. Building the foundation on your team on a player likely this is beyond foolish. He’s soft and shifting sands.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Well, we’ll probably never know. I sure wouldn’t give up Keller for Marner, and if TO won’t budge then they can kick rocks. However, he puts us in the playoffs w his 100 points. Soft and little, but 100 points. We will be a big team even if he does join the club.

Mosby

Clean Hits Hockey
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
cleanhits.substack.com
5M in cap space until Treliving turns it into magic beans. I think he's in the convo for bottom 5 GM with Adams, Blake, Lamoriello, Grier, Francis, etc. It's like Toronto doesn't even have a plan. They're just trying to fit random pieces together.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
5M in cap space until Treliving turns it into magic beans. I think he's in the convo for bottom 5 GM with Adams, Blake, Lamoriello, Grier, Francis, etc. It's like Toronto doesn't even have a plan. They're just trying to fit random pieces together.
I seem to recall you being so happy AZ picked BA over Zito and wanting Holland fired as well. How can Treliving have a plan when biggest money pieces can't be moved?? Maybe the plan is tread water for a year until you have ability to act.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think all of this is moot. If Toronto wanted to free up cap space by moving Marner, they’d have done it BEFORE July 1st.
I think Marner is in full control and he intends to use that control. He has shown at every negotiation how much confidence he has. Personally I avoid him as he is a great player but he isn't double digits contract great.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Clean Hits Hockey
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
cleanhits.substack.com
I seem to recall you being so happy AZ picked BA over Zito and wanting Holland fired as well. How can Treliving have a plan when biggest money pieces can't be moved?? Maybe the plan is tread water for a year until you have ability to act.

Not an Oilers fan so I don't care what they do/did with Holland. Treliving has only added more big money pieces.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Not an Oilers fan so I don't care what they do/did with Holland. Treliving has only added more big money pieces.
So does mean you are a Leafs fan as you sure seem to care about what they do?? Or just a Treliving fanboy? Did you think he could try to improve D without spending money? That seems like a big ask.

Mosby

Clean Hits Hockey
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
cleanhits.substack.com
I'm in Toronto. I'm inundated with Leafs talk daily.

I think Treliving is making the same mess in Toronto as he did Calgary. Toronto did themselves a disservice by only talking to one candidate when their GM spot was open.

But getting this back to Utah, I think it's moot. Marner is too expensive cap wise and he's not a fit with what GMBA envisions.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Grier moved Burns, EK and Hertl. Treliving is just lazy and not creative

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad