Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I want guts and balls and tenacity in UFA. Not goons, but heart and leadership and determination.

I don't think some of our guys were necessarily "ok with losing" last season, but we're still not there yet in terms of BA's promised identity. We need to be the team that pushes the pace physically. Opponents need to know they're in for a street fight when entering the Delta.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
So far so good, for Utah. Looking forward to seeing what they do with Free Agency. Clear that Armstrong (RE: Smith) has motivation to start strong with the team.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I'm still shell shocked! Expected a couple of trades for 2nd pairing D and the 1st on a D. Instead drafting 2 forwards in the 1st and getting Sergachev and Marino.

Looking good heading into free agency. Looking like a playoff bound team.
GMBA mentioned that he still is looking for a forward and a blueliner still and I suspect he meant in free agency.

Elias lindholm would be a perfect target
and
A defensive partner for Durzi.

This team will... okay I almost finished transitioning into a UTAH HC homer and still need to get a couple of good FA signings before I can get the Yotes out of me!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Montour would be an excellent add. Grab a key FA dman and a key FA forward on monday and sign some filler. This team is going to be so damn fun to watch.
Montous is 30, and will want a big, long term contract. Not sure I would do that. A D like OEL, or a player like him. Still good, cheaper and would be a short term deal until the kids graduate.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Montous is 30, and will want a big, long term contract. Not sure I would do that. A D like OEL, or a player like him. Still good, cheaper and would be a short term deal until the kids graduate.
Based on GM BA comments and actions so far (no bad UFA contracts, trading for younger signed D) they are not going to sign Montour to a monster deal. Plus, they have Durzi to sign still.

Reactions: Dog and Jakey53

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
To get Sergachev and Marino is huge. A bit bummed for Moser but he was never reaching Sergachevs level.

Finally our D situation is looking solid. But I feel like more good things are coming.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I think we are a better team with Keller.Just my speculation.

If we can grab Marner , I would hope it is in free agency rather than a trade

I am not all that convinced Marner is a good idea. Even in free agency his salary will be huge and I think Wing is the one position Utah is actually decent, so not to thrilled about the idea of spending salary or assets on a Winger

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Jake Bean and/or Adam Boqvist are a couple lower end options for the blue line. Blue Jackets are cutting both loose.

Erik Brannstrom and Nils Lundquist are a couple more options out there.

Last edited:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Jake Bean and/or Adam Boqvist are a couple lower end options for the blue line. Blue Jackets are cutting both loose.

Erik Brannstrom and Nils Lundquist are a couple more options out there.

We want nothing to do with Bean or Boqvist.

Too hurt, inconsistent and just down right not positively impacting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad